Monday, January 30, 2012

Our Loulouthi Scarves : :

This weekend my girl and I did a little sewing together and made ourselves each a new scarf with Anna Maria Horner's lovely Loulouthi.

Our new scarves!

I stashed some Loulouthi voile and flannel recently from Modern Fabric Studio (for a great price!) and used the same directions I gave for my Simple Children's Scarf tutorial, just altering the measurements to allow for wider and lengthier scarves. I'm planning on adding the how-to for these to my tutorial page, as well.

loulouthi voiles and flannels from modern fabric studio

It was a great afternoon project for the two of us to do together!

sewing together

Anna Maria's flannels are so soft and wonderful! We both prefer the feel of these fabrics around our necks, over a knitted scarf. She chose this aqua Flower Circles print in Maiden.

loulouthi flannel

I chose an aqua thread to add my top stitching.

stitched in aqua

These are my very favorite prints! The voile is Clippings in Forrest and the flannel, Flower Circles in Twilight.

favorite voile

My new rotary cutter came just in time!

new flannel and rotary cutter

Our scarves were quick and easy to make. The combination of the voile and flannel make them so super soft and snuggly!

hanging scarves

Aren't they pretty?

loulouthi scarves

We think so!

our scarves

And now, a giveaway winner!

Thank You to all of you who entered this past weekends giveaway! From the 1109 entries that came in before 10pm, Mr. Random says our lucky winner is comment # 47, Katy!! Congratulations Katy, please email me @ maureencracknell@hotmail.com, so you can receive and enjoy your winnings.
* UPDATE* I just realized that Katy is a no reply commenter and her email is not available in her profile. I will wait until Wednesday to hear from Katy, and if I do not, a new name will be drawn. 

Wishing you all a lovely new week!

44 comments:

  1. These are great! Well done you!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! The scarves and your daughter are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty scarves on very pretty girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out beautiful! I love Loulouthi. Such a sweet pic of you and your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty scarves and girls! :D Congratulations to Katy! Hopefully one day I'll win one of your giveaways!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful all around. I swoon over AMH fabrics and you two look amazing wearing it!
    xo from Lexington~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello pretty scarves, hello pretty girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my madian name was cracknell my dad was from cambridge i just dont see the name cracknell often
    . my name is janey dean on f.b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janey Dean, I have a facebook page here :: https://www.facebook.com/maureencracknellhandmade

      Cracknell is my married name, I know it's Scottish and that's about all. :)

      Delete
  9. How sweet! This looks like a very fun and simple project to do. I would appreciate a tutorial on this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, they are pretty! I've been thinking of making a couple of scarves with the velveteen and voile. I know AMH flannel is super soft. Thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely scarves! You do know that you must have those pics framed--the look of happiness, health, and love on both of your faces will be cherished by both of you for the rest of your lives! Savor these moments--don't let them fade from memory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh! Lucky Katy! She'll be stoked about winning!

    The scarves are so cute! I'm making a scarf right now for my sister's birthday from Little Folks voille. I hope it turns out as cute as yours did! Also, I'm really hoping that Maze is going to want to sew with me when she's older. It's so precious seeing you and your big little girl sewing together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute scarves! It's fun that you shared some crafting time with your daughter. Clippings is definitely one of my favorite prints, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys look so much alike and so beautiful! Those scarves turned out lovely, makes me want to make more! And can I just say how much I LOVE the woodwork in your house?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The scarves are beautiful! And so are you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful pictures of the 2 of you! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to sew with - that will be so much fun :) The scarves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful! The scarves and the ones who made them too. This gives me ideas for next year's Christmas gifts. Thank you!~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love a tutorial for these or just the measurements, so I know what to buy and cut! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The scarves are indeed lovely, but best are the photos of you and your daughter - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was such a simple and quick project! Perfect for the attention span of a 5 yr old. :) And she's actually wearing it -- the very best reward!!

      Delete
  20. Dang, I started to get all excited there when I saw the winning name, but alas, not me! Love those gorgeous scarves anyway :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too cute! What a treasure to have these pictures together as well. Blogging is so good for that sometimes =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh i love these scarves and you both look too cute in them! what sweet pictures of your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your scarves and you look beautiful.Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The scarves are beautiful and what a great mother/ daughter project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are awesome. I wish I wore scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely as always Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so beautiful, Maureen! I love the fabric combinations. I really want to make one of these... really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wait--that's flannel? That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the scarves, and I especially love the middle picture of your daughter!
    I'm still loving LouLouThi fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun project, you both look so pretty wearing your new scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a great project! the scarves looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. They are gorgeous! Your daughter is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fun helper you have there....yes they are pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love Loulouthi fabric, didn't know it came in flannel as well, must check this out. Great scarves. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have bought some Loulouthi flannel now, so hope your tutorial goes up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. i love them! you never cease to amaze me maureen! just beautiful! now i really need to make these for me and my daughters. you used your simple scarf tutorial right? what changes did you use to make yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!