Monday, September 16, 2013

Tule Sunset : :

A Tule Quilt Top

At first peek I loved Tule, the new fabric collection by designer Leah Duncan for Art Gallery Fabrics. It's peachy pink, terracotta orange, minty green, sunny yellow, & aqua to cobalt blue scheme is color palette perfection in my opinion. So, when a Nevada Sun FQ bundle paired with coordinating Pure Elements Solids, recently arrived at my door I had a quilt idea ready in anticipation.

The pretty Tule colors brought images of the horizon at dusk and sunsets at the shore to my mind, and became my quilt design inspiration. I quickly drafted a pattern including repeating cuts & piecing, creating a quilt top that came together incredibly quick! I was thrilled with the result and shared a few pics on my Instagram along the way.

Working on a Tule quilt idea! I love this collection!!


I love it when a plan comes together! #leahduncan #tulefabric #sunrise #quilt


I snapped some fancier photos Friday evening just before nightfall on the top of Dutch Hill Road. Seeing the sunlight streaming down through the quilt top resembled stained glass, irradiating all the pretty Tule rectangles. It was beautiful!

A Tule Quilt Top

A Tule Quilt Top

So beautiful I have it hanging in my sewing room window while I piece together my quilt back this morning, and then it's off to Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting to work her magic!!

tule

For those of you as smitten with Tule as I am, my fabric notes include : :  Tule is with Pure Elements Solids in Sandstone, Apricot Crepe, Burnt Orange, Mirage Blue, Parisian Blue, Nocturnal, & Banana Cream for this quilt.

You can find these pretty fabrics newly available at The Intrepid Thread, Fat Quarter Shop, Stash Modern Fabrics, and Pink Castle Fabrics!

And, Art Gallery Pure Elements Solids on hand at Moona Fabrics, The Intrepid Thread, Fat Quarter Shop, Stash Modern Fabrics, Pink Castle Fabrics, and Contemporary Cloth!

Wishing you all a lovely new week!    Maureen 

45 comments:

  1. That did come together nicely Maureen! Lovely photo shoot too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic in the window reminds me of stained glass - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly lovely. Thank you for your inspiring work.
    lindagutierrez9@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! And the pictures are gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flow of the design! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have to get my hands on some Tule! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is so pretty Maureen! And I love the stained glass look when you hand your quilts in the window!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous, Maureen! Inspiring as usual. I need to get my hands on some of that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you mind explaining your piecing technique. I think this style of quilt would be great for my boys' room. But I can't figure out how you staggered the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a diagram pattern for this one for a magazine. I'll let you know where and when it will be available once I do!! :)

      Delete
  10. I have to say, this line hadn't grabbed me, but this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the inspiration my daughter wants a quilt but only gave me 3 colors she wants in it how will this work or will it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this quilt!! My former math teacher eye sees sine/cosine waves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quilt. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO Pretty, I Love the colour combos :) T.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Maureen! =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love seeing the quilt top with the original design sketch! Turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, as always Maureen! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So lovely! Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm confused. Is Tule the name of the collection or a different type of fabric..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tule is the name of the fabric collection, Art Gallery Fabrics is the manufacturer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is ridiculously gorgeous, Maureen! Pattern/tutorial please!! Oh I just saw an earlier comment that it'll be in a magazine - please let us know when it is, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this type of quilt! I did something similar as my very first quilt over 10 years ago and it did come together very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How do you do your idea sheets? I have been wanting to piece together quilts digitally and then make them, but I wasn't sure how to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!