Monday, February 26, 2018

Studio New: Thrifted Basket!

Studio New Fabric Roll Basket

I spent all day yesterday at my studio rearranging the work side of my space and I finally unpacked everything in the second room. You guys, I have way too much stuff! I shared the display side of my new studio earlier this month and later this week I plan to blog about the work side. It's so wonderful having so much space to work in now, but organization is the key to keeping it all looking nice and I'm so excited to share my recent thrift store find with you all today!

Studio New Fabric Roll Basket

As part of my contract, Art Gallery Fabrics sends me a roll with fifteen yards of each print that I design -- that's all twenty quilting cottons plus a roll of each of the knits, rayon and canvas. When these boxes of fabric arrive it's better than Christmas, I can't even describe it! The last thing I want to do is put them in a closet, hidden somewhere. I've always had them out where I can enjoy them and easily cut from the rolls what I need for my daily sewing. But just like dominos, several times now either a studio visitor or I have bumped into one of them and down they all go! So, when on a recent trip to our local thrift store I spotted this giant hamper style basket for just $20, I had to have it! It's the best thing I've found in a long time and completely worthy a blog post!

Studio New Fabric Roll Basket

I was hoping it would keep contained a collection or two, so you can imaged how thrilled I was when it fit nearly sixty rolls of my fabrics!!

Studio New Fabric Roll Basket

When I share photos of the rest of my work side later this week, you'll see how the rest of my prints are scattered in smaller round baskets throughout the studio. It's a great solution since I reach for these rolls pretty much daily!

Along with new studio pictures & our first Community Sampler sew-along block pattern, this week I have a new set of zipper pouch bags to share. Here's a pretty, little peek! These are right up there with some of my most favorite makes EVER!

Swan Bag Sneak Peek!

For my next set I'm using AGF's brand new, adorable camping themed collection, Campsite! Have you seen this new line of Capsules? With designs that include deer, fox, fireflies in jars, feathers and marshmallows on sticks, just to name a few, it's perfect for both boys & girls and is so fun for fussy cutting. I love these prints and I can't wait to finish these bags up to share soon!

Campsite!

I wish you all a happy Monday & a wonderful new week of sewing! xo Maureen

6 comments:

  1. I have hamper envy!! What a great find! I love seeing pictures of your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This huge basket is perfect. It is great that rubber bands keep the fabric on the rolls. This does look orderly, but also very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is a great find. I wouldn't have guessed that many rolls in there. I'm adoring that cute swan peeking out from your bags. Forgive me for not knowing but is that in one of your lines. I didn't see it when I checked them out. Love all of your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for noting that the new line is perfect for boys *and* girls! So often, anything with animals that isn't extremely cutesy is immediately labeled as being for the boys, and that really distresses me. If it doesn't "go without saying" in our society, let's instead say it: "Both genders like animals, and camping, and the outdoors."

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab way to organise your fabric, I love to see everything nice and tidy too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un petit pour vous dire que votre blog est super!
    voyance en ligne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!