Monday, July 22, 2013

An Appliqued Apron Set Tutorial for Therm O Web : :

We're home!! This morning we woke up in our own beds, missing so many wonderful people, with so many new, special memories made these past two weeks to reflect on. It was such a terrific vacation!

Today, I'm making every effort to dive right back into our regular routine so, I'm taking some time to blog and sew this morning. Oh, how I've missed it! I'm excited to be sharing my Appliqued Apron Set Tutorial over on the Therm O Web blog for the first time since I was recently invited to join their Design Team line-up!

An Appliqued Apron Set Tutorial for the Therm O Web Blog!!

Along with my tutorial is a fun Giveaway for some of their great products! I'm such a huge fan of their basting spray and iron-on adhesive products, especially HeatnBond Lite for all of my quick and easy applique projects!

heatbond

This apron set if one of our most favorite things I've ever made! Adding the black stitching to my applique projects is one my very favorite things, it's so simple and I just love the look of it!

finish stitching in black

How could I pass on the chance to share this tutorial one more time?! Hopefully with many of you new readers both here and with those of you who follow the Therm O Web Design Team!

our aprons

Pop over right HERE to see my full tutorial, to enter their Giveaway, and pretty please feel free to pin it, too!

Happy to back here in this space with all of you!   Maureen 

30 comments:

  1. Love the matching aprons! The black bow is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maureen, was wondering if this spray is good for quilt basting? Or is it meant to be used for that? Glad you had a good trip :)Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This project requires that you use the HeatnBond Lite, but I have been using the SpraynBond as my go-to quilt basting spray for a few weeks now and I love it! Thanks Chris!!

      Delete
  3. I love the matching applique aprons... very sweet!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Maureen, these are so pecken cute!! I will have to put a few of these together. I was also wondering the same as Chris S, if the basting spray was good on quilts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! This project just requires that you use the HeatnBond Lite, but I have been using the SpraynBond as my go-to quilt basting spray for a few weeks now and I love it! Thanks again!

      Delete
  5. Great tut... I can see me making these for me and my Grand daughters.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable matching aprons...just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maureen, your aprons are the most beautiful and your daughter so sweet! She makes me always smile! I have to try black thread instead of always using white. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Teje!! You should definitely try it out. I think the black stitching adds such a fun look to applique!

      Delete
  8. These are great, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great idea! I love the results!
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the apron :) Soo cute! Definitely need to try and make this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the applique looks like a child's drawing. Very Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I love the "drawing look" that such a simple change of using black thread adds to this type of applique!

      Delete
  13. Such sweet Mother/Daughter aprons ~ love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had such a great holiday, and those aprons are very cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i want to dress sara and i in matching everything... i love it! gorgeous apron my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!