Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Catching Up : :

Phew, I finally feel like I'm all caught up! I felt so behind yesterday as I settled into my sewing machine with another large stack of etsy orders that needed finished before I could officially begin my week. Not the best feeling to have on a Tuesday morning! But we had such a great weekend, so no regrets!

More Crowns!

Beside my crowns, I have this growing stack of quilt tops that need some quilting love as soon as possible!
I have the quilt backs planned out and the fabrics are now ordered, can't wait to see these finished!!

Needs Quilting!

I did manage to finish up my Buffalo Check Plaid Man-Pillow Friday morning before we left town. It's so, so comfy!! I used a very large, Euro size Home Elegance Pillow insert from Joann. LOVE! I actually picked up four of them when they were 50% off. I can't wait to have a stack for our living room!

Buffalo Check Pillow

Buffalo Check Pillow

The front is made up of Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Element solids in White Linen, Sandstone, and Moonstone.

I finished the pillow back in a heather grey sweatshirt fabric, from Joann as well, for an extra manly finish! And, added some binding in an Empire Yellow Pure Element Solid, inspired by this quilt that Nik shared with me after I shared my Buffalo Check blocks a couple of weeks ago.

Buffalo Check Man-Pillow -- Sweatshirt 
Back

This pillow is a gift for my Brother-in-law. It's so perfect for him, I'm really excited!!

Buffalo Check Pillow

Well, I had completely fallen in love with these Triangle Chicopee Quilts when I saw them here and here. I actually wanted to make one exactly the same, which never happens to me! I dove right in and did all my cutting last week.

Chicopee Triangles

I didn't get too far with my triangle piecing that first night.

Chicopee Work in Progress

Now, this is my free sewing  project this week! It's been really fun and has taken on a new, improv direction. I've decided most of my quilts making will mostly likely fall into the improv category. I just love it!

Chicopee Wip

Just a few more orders to finish up today and then I can get back to playing with Chicopee triangles! 

How about you, what are you working on this week ? Who's headed to QuiltCon ?? I wish!!
, Maureen

34 comments:

  1. I love that pillow Maureen! I have some Joann sweatshirt fleece in the heather color. I've used the sweatshirt fleece before, but I feel like I have deep set wrinkles in the heather. I'm not sure if I set them in my drier but can't wash or press them out. I bought another batch to test but wondered if you have any type of problems with wrinkles on this fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did actually! I had to use heavy steam to get the wrinkles out, but I did get them out. I wanted to add the yellow binding that I did on the back, all the way around the pillow as well, and couldn't because of the bulky seam edges. Otherwise, I really enjoyed working with sweatshirt! It definitely makes a comfy pillow!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, love it for a pillow and had not tried it for that yet! I've used it for the back of some of my T Shirt blankets and it gives it a nice - stadium blanket/picnic blanket feel.

      Delete
  2. Look at all that beautiful fabric. :) You make some beautiful things.

    J. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to see your chicopee when it is completed..I don't know what it is about her fabrics... they are far from anything I would normally choose, but I am just drawn to them all, especially her chicopee collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those triangles are delicious! And such a great idea for a pillow. I'm headed to QuiltCon on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your pillows. Those triangles are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your triangles! They are beautiful. The more I see that lovely fabric collection the more I think I need to get some before it completely disappears! I am headed to QuiltCon tomorrow. Fortunately, I live in Texas so the trip isn't as hard for me to make as others. Thanks for your sharing your creations with us! I love to pop into your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to get back to my Chicopee quilt. It's my personal sewing project, but somehow other sewing obligations get in the way...and now today I have a huge mess of a house to clean from this past weekend.

    Excited to see your finished quilt tops all quilted. The tops were gorgeous and I'm sure the quilting will only add! Very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your buffalo plaid pillow is fantastic. Your brother-in-law will love it! I especially like your choice to use sweatshirt fabric on the back.

    You are on VERY BUSY young mommy! Anxious to see all those quilt tops turn into finished quilts.

    You are definitely the queen of birthday crowns! What a stack!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I do love those triangle quilts. Can't wait to see the finished results. I lvoe that chicopee fabric..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Chicopee triangle quilt immediately went on my "to sew" list as well :-) Can't wait to hear/see how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the plaid pillow and the Chicopee! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pillow is perfect for a guy, especially with the back you chose. What a great idea! The triangles are really fun. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok! That black and white pillow totally just inspired my sons next coat!!! Yes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quilt inspires a pillow, a pillow inspires a coat -- it's a beautiful thing!! ;)

      Delete
  14. Love your project. I have to ask. We remodeled our breeze way and we have a black chair and foot stool and we've been looking for a black bench. Can I ask where you got your black bench? Thanks in advance if you have time to answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenelle and thank you! Can you believe my husband's Grandma got that bench in the early 70's! It does have some very faded Oriental decorative painting along the top, which I'm not particularly into, but I'm probably the only person who can actually see it!

      We're so lucky to have it now!

      Delete
  15. As a European I had to look up what on earth Joann's had determined a Euro sized cushion to be (ginormous it turns out ;o) ) Loving your cushion, especially the odd buttons on the back, and the triangles are looking really promising :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adore the plaid pillow! That is just too darn cute! I can't wait to see the triangle quilt all completed. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love! Inspiring post and pictures,thanks for feeding my soul a little, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a serious pillow addiction. My mother is a mistress of color and texture. I just toss some fabric at her and creates something amazing. I have the tops of my closets full of pillows. Good thing my puppy like to chew, or I'd be stuck with the same pillows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no such thing as too many pillows in my opinion!! Lucky you to have a mother like that! Hopefully I can spoil my children with an endless amount of handmade pillows!

      Delete
  19. I'm working on a triangle quilt right now, too. I'm loving the look, but so many little seams!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love the pillow! The back is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roberta, that makes me feel good! I love the sweatshirt and the yellow binding, but was regretting the buttons? I have some time, so I might swap those out or remove them altogether?! I really appreciate your compliment!!

      Delete
  21. love your pillow . wish i could go to quilt con to

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such wonderful color surrounding your sewing room! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great manly pillow and love the buttons on the back.
    Went to check out the triangle quilt, it's really wonderful and I want to make one too. So many quilts and so little time. I don't know how you do all the things you do! Love how yours is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love this pillow so much maureen and cant wait to see the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The pillow is great! I bet your brother-in-law will love it. Triangles are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!