Monday, July 18, 2011

WIP's from My Weekend : :

This weekend was quite the balancing act. I shuffled from family to work and back to family much more than usual. Want to see what I've been busy with? Alright, I'd love to show you!

My first challenge was finishing up that pillow cover order. I did that late Friday night, much too late for any picture taking. So I wrapped those beauties up and had them ready to go out the door! Once finished, I ignored my feet which were asking me to please go to sleep, and I started working on my Little Folks Quilt again.
weekend wip
I've decided to go block by block, just as I am with my Bottled Rainbows Quilt, until they both are finished! I am still getting puckering and I'm not sure why? What do you think, any ideas? I am wondering if adjusting my stitch length to 3 - 4 would help? My machine is digital and is automatically set at 2.5 and when I remember, I often change it to a 3 -- I clearly forgot to here.

There are many Birthday Crowns being made. These ones are now completely finished and ready to ship!
weekend wip
I changed up the way I attached the flower and I like it! What do you think?
weekend wip

And finally
, something for all of you! A Flower Crown Tutorial, similar to the one seen here. I'll be using my  new GO! Baby fabric cutter and flower die for my flowers, but I'll also include a wonderful list of felt flower tutorials for those of you without a cutter. Here's a peek!
weekend wip
weekend wip

Have a lovely Monday, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I've had that same problem sewing with the voile. I think stitch length may have something to do with it... maybe tension or needle size too? That's the only time I sew with something so thin so I really don't know. But you're not alone in it. I found that once stuff is quilted those little imperfections aren't really noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sewing with a walking foot? That's what helps me with puckers. Otherwise, just blame it on that voile! The new way you're sewing the flowers looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I've had issues with puckers, it's been bobbin related. What sweet buttons you have...very purdy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, sounds busy! love all the colors you have going on. :D & yay for tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers! I don't have any tips for the puckers...perhaps a walking foot?

    I will say that I had an "oh!" moment when I saw the name on the third crown...it's not often I see anything similar to my name on anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty that quilt block and LOVE those flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, the flowers are pretty! So are the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving your quilt block and that GO Baby looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!