Monday, February 7, 2011

Heart Felt Garland : :

This might just be the best Valentine's Day decoration ever! I love, love, LOVE it!

Valentine's Day garland
I had just showed my six year old how to make yarn pom poms the other day, I actually have him hooked -- he loves making them!

pom poms

So, when I came across this Felt Heart Garland I had to try it out and add the pom poms we had worked so hard on.


Betz White's felt hearts are completely genius and yet so simple to do -- I'll warn you now,  making these is completely addictive! And so, a second...


and then a third strand of garland was made...

wool.felt.and pom poms

You can see the full tutorial here, along with several different variations.

p.s. ♥ Our Warm Heart tutorial was shared over at Craft Gossip and our Celery Stamped Valentine at Homemade serenity on Friday, please visit them and have a look! ♥


  1. What a beautiful garland! Love mine :)

  2. Love the garland, especially that the 6yo helped with the pompoms!

  3. This is by far the cutest garland I've ever seen! love the hearts and the red/white pom poms! :)

  4. This looks so cute, I especially like the pom poms... I'm gonna have to make this! Thanks for sharing :)

  5. I remember making pom poms as a child. :) This craft looks like such fun. Alas I have no sewing machine. I may have to visit my aunt's house so she can help me with some more Valentine's Day crafting.

  6. Aww this is so great! I need to do something like this! Thanks for the inspiration!

  7. Beautiful. What a fun project to do together.

  8. Love this blog! I am a new follower!

  9. So cute Maureen!!! It's just cheerful and happy : )

  10. What a pretty and creative garland! Perfect for Valentine's Day!


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!