Monday, February 7, 2011

Heart Felt Garland : :

This might just be the best Valentine's Day decoration ever! I love, love, LOVE it!

Valentine's Day garland
I had just showed my six year old how to make yarn pom poms the other day, I actually have him hooked -- he loves making them!

pom poms

So, when I came across this Felt Heart Garland I had to try it out and add the pom poms we had worked so hard on.

genius

Betz White's felt hearts are completely genius and yet so simple to do -- I'll warn you now,  making these is completely addictive! And so, a second...

window.garland

and then a third strand of garland was made...

wool.felt.and pom poms

You can see the full tutorial here, along with several different variations.

p.s. ♥ Our Warm Heart tutorial was shared over at Craft Gossip and our Celery Stamped Valentine at Homemade serenity on Friday, please visit them and have a look! ♥

25 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garland! Love mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the garland, especially that the 6yo helped with the pompoms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is by far the cutest garland I've ever seen! love the hearts and the red/white pom poms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cute, I especially like the pom poms... I'm gonna have to make this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember making pom poms as a child. :) This craft looks like such fun. Alas I have no sewing machine. I may have to visit my aunt's house so she can help me with some more Valentine's Day crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this is so great! I need to do something like this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. What a fun project to do together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO sweet-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this blog! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Maureen!!! It's just cheerful and happy : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty and creative garland! Perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are in or near Hanoi, the option to print notebooks in Hanoi is a perfect fit.
    In Nguyen Gia is a leading and large-volume professionally reputable notebook printing company in Hanoi.
    Diverse designs of beautiful notebooks on many materials for customers to refer to the sample.
    so tay
    so lo xo
    so bia da
    thiet ke shop
    Commitment to beautiful products, right colors & designs, on-time delivery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!