Monday, March 8, 2010

My first pillow : :

Since the sewing machine is now officially out and I've already started my venture into hoop embroidery, I decided I should combine the two into a project. I wasn't sure what it was going to be? I was thinking another wooden hoop to hang on the wall, to be brave and jump right into making a quilt,  or stick with simple -- a tea towel, a pillow...my mind was jumping from one idea to the next as I worked and the not knowing was really fun and turned out better than if I had had a plan....I think?

It started with these. Aren't they pretty?
Next I made these little circles.


Then I started adding all the stitched details, which was really fun!


And, I just kept going!

Now it's finished...

 
And, I love it!
 

4 comments:

  1. ooo ahh! i love them!! i've been wanting to make some pillows for myself but never seem to find time to work on my own projects...definitely have some inspiration now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so beautiful, really makes me want to learn some more embroidery :) your blog is so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm learning by doing. : ) If you need any advise, email me or leave a comment. I love learning all the new stitches. I'll be happy to share what I know...which isn't much. But like I said, I'm learning...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!