Thursday, October 17, 2019

An Autumn Feels Quilt Top

IMG_9708

If you follow me on Instagram you may have already seen this quilt top, but I definitely think it's worth sharing more pictures and details here on the blog and I hope you agree!

This quilt began with the beautiful eight-piece Autumn Feels Bundle that Brooke Becker of Lady Belle Fabric curated for her shop including a few of my prints along with five coordinating prints by fellow AGF designers. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to make a quilt top!

Lady Belle Fabrics Autumn Feels Bundle

At first I thought I'd make more of the scrappy bear paw blocks that I had just finished making with Enchanted Voyage, which you'll see soon in next week's LookBook, but when the time came to cut into this bundle I remembered a quilt that my friend Heidi Staples had made a few years back, her Big Bear Cabin Quilt, and I knew that would be perfection!

IMG_9800

When I made this quilt top I wasn't aware that Heidi had published her Big Bear Cabin Quilt in her latest book published with Lucky Spool, Patchwork USA, which I've since ordered. So, my quilt is completely inspired by Heidi's original quilt that she blogged back in 2016 with adjusted measurements to make a larger throw size quilt top with a scrappy twist!

IMG_9803

In addition to Lady Belle's Autumn Feels bundle I added in secondary colorways of several of the prints that I luckily had in my stash, prints from my Autumn Vibes collection, brand new prints from Enchanted Voyage and lots of low volumes. From start to finish, from pulling the prints from my stash to having a completed quilt top, it took me just one full day of sewing to make. I LOVE a quick quilt top and I was so happy to finish just in time for Kevin and I to take it to photograph on a short trip to the lake the next day on his day off, a beautiful Autumn day!

IMG_9728

Before this season is over, I have hopes of making some more things with this Autumn Feels bundle and this is absolutely one of those quilt tops that I can't wait to make again, so I may just make another if I have enough fabrics leftover. Brooke also turned this bundle into a simple, stunning patchwork quilt top that you'll have to check it on her Instagram, it's so, SO pretty!

If you love this bundle as much as I do you can find it in the Lady Belle Fabric shop here -- Autumn Feels Bundle, and tomorrow I have a Giveaway planned for Autumn Feels both here and on my Instagram so be sure to stop back!

IMG_9718

xo Maureen

25 comments:

  1. Maureen, I'm so happy that you shared more of your gorgeous Autumn Feels quilt. It's breathtaking!!! I so love the contrast of the blues and corals,oranges and the pattern you decided upon couldn't be more perfect. Luv your PA scenery too.
    Anxiously awaiting my Enchanted Voyage fabrics , hopefully tomorrow. Right on time for your Lookbook.
    You know I still have some Wild and Free, an unfinished quilt actually:( I've got to combine some of your collections as you did...so much beauty!

    schimmel(dot)db(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I stopped by your shop to see if you were around. Peeked in your window and saw a beautiful quilt laying on the floor. You are busy Quilter!!! Love the fabric line!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen,
    Beautiful quilt. I swear you make fabric come alive. Your selections are spot on and you make your tutorials very easy to understand. You, my dear, are very talented. Keep up the great work.
    Nancy Fratz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is my favorite season - our reward for surviving brutal hot (humid) summers. Your fabric choices are fabulous, and an easy pattern. What's not to love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning design with your beautiful fabrics Maureen.
    I would love to make a quilt just like this!!
    Thank you always for your inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this quilt! I do subscribe on instagram, but for some reason, I am not getting your posts. Miss the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ما در شرکت الو اپلیکیشن با استفاده از این پشتوانه به ios طراحی اپ و اندروید بصورت Native، تحت وب و Hybrid می پردازیم؛ اپلیکیشن هایی که در طول زمان کارایی خود را حفظ کرده و می توان امکانات آنها را توسعه و ارتقا داد.

    ReplyDelete


  8. Un petit pour vous dire que votre blog est super!
    voyance gratuite serieuse

    ReplyDelete
  9. 搞壞、且充滿負面情緒。 「細水長流」才是在酒酒店經紀店兼差穩定增加收入的最佳方式,而我們比照20年來的大數據,也是如此。若是真的急須用錢與身體狀況許可,是可以和店家協調「加班」(在沒有欠班下,如坐完1桌就下班等),在八大潛規則只要【事前】協調都可以談,因為「制度是僵固的,人是靈活的!」13.午場的時段和限制,以及優缺點為何!? 會選擇上午場的姐妹們,許多是為了照顧小孩酒店兼職或避開家人、男友的疑慮。店家開設午場原因: 分攤晚場的營運成本(如房租和水電費用) 避免客人和業績幹部的流動(客人會因故提早消費,怕流失到其他店的午場)因此午場可以說是附屬,各店還是以晚場為經營主力。為何午場的生意只是晚場的2~3成呢?! 一般商務客於5點下班,7~8點用完晚餐,大約9點到店內消費(這是最單純的消費客層) 下午的客人,可以說相對特別(就如同妳不會凌晨2點去超市買菜一樣... 就是怪!!)所以午場的生意量較少(收入也可能是晚場的2~3成)。一般午場的時段為何? 下午3~9或4~10或5~11(最少要上6小時)註: 必須把最後一桌坐完(例如客人7點進場消費到10點半 妳要坐到該客人離場,不能中途卡檯) 若堅持9點離開公司,則有些店家於7~8點左右就不會安排妳看檯(對收入有很大影響) 門禁:有些店家或客人,會接受公關於9點不論理由可止檯、且直接下班。 許多公關彈性選擇「午場跨晚場」加班(一星期加班晚場2~3天,該桌結束後,可隨時下班),好增加節數。14.租套房在店家附近,還是通勤呢?!在北部以妳住基隆或桃園,想在台北酒店工作為例:為了適應新環境,先通勤試上幾天後,再決定下一步。先別急著找房子,初期兩 ~三週先通車,先有收入,不適應馬上換店。確定好店家後,短期不會換店,再從周邊開始找房。台北精華區小套房,有管理員且環境尚可,月租落在2.2萬左右,首月房租+2個月押金,需要6.6萬。店家每月定期開會(晚上7點左右),不定期舉辦活動(提早作造型準備)。租屋雖然比基隆、桃園貴一點,但扣除交通費其實是差不多。加上我們日夜顛倒與喝酒,所以更須要睡眠。結論:先通勤再租屋。15.為什麼許多人會選擇經紀公司!! 『演藝圈經紀人 : 規劃演藝人員各式各樣的演藝事業,能成就其發光發熱!』『酒店業經紀人 : 規劃酒店姐妹在安全有尊嚴的環境中,賺到錢進而改善生活!』目前市場上有眾多經紀人,但素質良莠不齊,負面消息不斷,以下是經紀公司應有的條件: 有能見度與知名度。 有五年以上的酒店經紀經驗。 和各店家保持良好互動關係。 旗下經紀人,必須不開桌消費、不賭博、不碰危禁品。 24小時輪班待命,酒店酒店兼差經紀人需要隨時處理各式突發狀況和臨場反映。 網路世代,起碼要有像樣的官方網站,並非只有免費的部落格與臉書。經紀公司能幫妳處理的事酒店公關情包括: 挑選適合的店家類型(禮服店、制服店、便服店、鋼琴酒吧..等) 洽談適當的上班時段(一天工作幾小時?一個

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like looking through a post that will make people think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment! Belkin Router Login
    Arris Router Login
    Xfinity Router Login
    Asus Router Login
    Linksys Router Login
    Netgear Router Login

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com whatsapp +2348136482342
       https://www.facebook.com/Dr-odion-spell-temple

    ReplyDelete
  13. re bonjour,
    je viens de parcourir une grande partie de votre site... une merveille !!! merci d'exister

    vraie voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad to read this smart article and I agree with you autumn feels quilt top. Most people aren't familiar with this, therefore this is quite useful. I appreciate your post since you offered very interesting content on this website. By the way, if you ever need help with your homework, contact assignment writing help in brighton; they provide aid with assignments for surprisingly affordable prices. I've utilised this website and will now recommend it to all of my friends.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Amazing website hope to see more post of your post.

    ReplyDelete

  16. Thank you so much for your great information, It is too useful for me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Remarkable! Its truly remarkable piece of writing,

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have got much clear idea about from this paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a topic wgich is close tto my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cheers! Exactly where are your contact details though?

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for long article i enjoyed this post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!