Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Community Sampler Week #9!

It's block release Wednesday of the Community Sampler sew-along!

Block No. 8 Morning Star

Today is the release of block number EIGHT of the Community sampler! For those of you that are new here, Sharon Holland and I are co-hosting this block-of-the-week community sew-along, and you can visit my Community Sampler Page above in my tabs bar to retrieve all of the released PDF's so far to jump in anytime! We're so thrilled to have so many sewing with us once again!

Community Sampler Sew-Along

Today's PDF is for block EIGHT -- Morning Star. Instructions always come complete with cutting information plus step-by-step illustrations, and you're always welcome to hop on over to Sharon's blog if you're in need of additional images and tips for this week's block! Her perfect flying geese units, Morning Star block and photos are so gorgeous, you won't want to miss her post this week!

Community Sampler Week No. 9

For my Morning Star block I'm using four pretty prints from my Love Story collection for Art Gallery Fabrics -- Delicate Veil, Reflection of Love Light, Flower Stamp Spell and Darling Echoes Red!

Love Story for Morning Star

After nearly two weeks away, it felt so good to be back in my studio yesterday to sew together this week's block, even though it was a dark and snowy day and I am sick once again with a bad chest cold. Sewing always has a way of making everything better, don't you think?

Back in the Studio

The combination of Love Story prints that I used for this week's block were a breath of fresh air! My Darling Echoes Red blender is a much needed vibrant addition to my sampler, and I love the way this print forms a ribbon around the center star!

Pretty Red

Block No. 8 Morning Star

I always look forward to choosing the center focal print for my blocks and since I'm using Love Story, the main florals in this collection are the ones I reach for whenever I have the chance. So pretty!

Reflections of Love Focal

Block No. 8 Morning Star

As always, I'm looking forward to seeing all of your Morning Star blocks this week! When you share on Instagram use the hashtag #CommunitySampler and be sure to tag @sharonhollanddesigns and myself @maureencracknell so we can be sure to see your beautiful blocks!

Using #CommunitySampler hashtag will also automatically enter you in the weekly IG Giveaway pool! Remember that your Instagram account does need to be a public account for your post to show up in the Instagram hashtag pool. But please don't worry, if you don't have Instagram or you'd like to keep your account private, we will also be hosting the same giveaway prize, alternately between Sharon's and my blog, so you can choose how and where to enter each week!

Thank you, Sponsors!

Be sure to check back here on Friday for more info on this week's Community Sampler Giveaway with our wonderful sponsor Hobbs Batting!

xo Maureen  

14 comments:

  1. I am so glad to have found you and Sharon. I like to see both of your interpretations for the block, and I enjoy reading your blogs. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying the Community Sampler sew along so much!
    Your block is beautiful Maureen.
    I am slowly gathering and purchasing yard cuts of your new fabric.
    I just acquired this flowered teal peach and dark red fabric. It is beautiful!! Right now, I am hanging it in my sewing room window, later I will probably make a skirt for my grand daughter (she is only 3 but very adorable)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! I love, love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow you both on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow both of you on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Maureen. I am entering to win the Hobbs Batting. I've used it in my last two quilts. I am participating in the sew along. I am following both you and Sharon on IG, following Hobbs on IG and FB along with this comment. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Morning Star block Maureen...I love it!
    I'm using Love Story fabrics too for the Community Sampler and you've inspired me to use those pretty florals centered too. Of course I'm addicted to the whole collection so it's easy to choose my 3-4 for each sampler block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Hobbs silk batting. It isn't available locally so I have to plan ahead when I want to use it. Thanks.
    HolidayPalace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Community Sampler Week #9 showcased a diverse range of activities, including informative workshops and social events, fostering unity among community members and showcasing the vibrant spirit and inclusivity of our community. Abogados de Divorcio Asequibles en Queens Nueva York

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!