Friday, September 23, 2016

A Chevron Angle Quilt Top : :

Observer Quilt 2

I'm so excited to share my second Observer fabrics quilt top today! I had previously blogged that I was planning another Diamond Weave quilt with the large HSTs I had leftover from making my first Observer quilt top, Diamond Trails. The make eight at a time half square triangle method yielded a hefty stack of extras that I couldn't let go to waist!

Observer Quilt Making

To help me calculate just how much and of which prints I would need to turn these HSTs into a new Diamond Weave I started to make a quick mockup of the pattern. As I was playing I stumbled upon a new design idea that I loved just as much, but all that was needed were just 8" square patches to pair with the already made HSTs. Easy & fast!

Here you can see both the grid I made of the fabric placement layout and the digital quilt pattern.

Observer Quilt Plan

Following the diagram, I cut my squares and sewed my quilt top together in just a couple of hours and I love how it turned out!

Observer Quilt 5

Observer Quilt 1

These prints blend together so seamlessly you can barely see the quilt block seams!

Observer Quilt No. 2

Observer Quilt 3

Both of the Observer quilt tops I made measure 62" x 74." Here's a reminder of the first one incase you missed it!

Observer Quilt Top

Now I've successfully utilized every last 8" HST I initially made, using the last four in a pillow I hope to finish this afternoon to share next week, hooray!

♡ Maureen  

11 comments:

  1. These are such pretty quilts. I love the photograph with the reflection in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You have such a great eye for color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The water shot is fantastic!!! Can't wait to see the pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which one I like the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another winner! May I ask, what size did your squares start off as before they were hst? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used 18" squares to make all the HSTs needed for both quilts.

      Delete
  6. I might make time to finally try your 8 at a time method this weekend... Or maybe finally finish my quick QAYG pillows... We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as though you made the square specifically for the quilt. What a great use. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! I love the pattern and fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt and photography!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!