Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Pillow Form Solution : :

When my favorite brand, Soft N Crafty Premier pillow forms go on sale at Jo~Ann I always stock up! At any given time I typically have at least a dozen, in a variety of sizes, piled in one corner of my sewing room since I lack the space in any of my cabinets and shelves to accommodate that many pillow forms. It always looks a little messy since they never seem to want to stay neatly stacked together. Well, last month I finally discovered a solution, and because it's been such a good, multifunctional fix for me, I thought I'd share with those of you who might also be looking for a way to store these necessary pillow forms, quilt batting, Poly-Fil, etc...

Boho Pouf : A Pillow Insert Solution

While shopping for a new hammock on Amazon a few weeks ago this Boho Ottoman Patchwork Cover popped up in the "frequently bought together" area on the page, and right away I thought of filling it with my pillow form stash!

The colorful, scrappy patchwork fabrics go so well with my style and I love the little tassel details!

Boho Pouf : A Pillow Insert Solution

It ended up being the perfect, extra-large size cover to fill with ALL the pillow forms I currently have unused, at least a dozen ranging in sizes from twelve to twenty inches!

Boho Pouf : A Pillow Insert Solution

The kids love sitting on the pouf when they join me in the sewing room and I love not having to see those plastic covered pillow inserts! I'm even considering ordering a second to house my prepackaged batting, to have one in front of each the matching chairs I have it my sewing room.

Boho Pouf : A Pillow Insert Solution

I hope you find this solution idea helpful!

How about you, do you have any tips/tricks for keeping your sewing space organized that you'd like to share?

♡ Maureen

20 comments:

  1. Great idea and the pouf is lovely! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Maureen! I would never have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea and it's functional and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Just moved into my first house with a sun/sewing room and I might steal this idea :) I'll share any fun ones I figure out later on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! It does fit you perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever, and so pretty! Looks like there are other color choices, too, in case somebody wants to mix it up. :) I love the idea, this could sure tidy up my mess of batting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I just went and bought two of them. I have a huge brown leather ottoman I am going to get rid of and have two of these instead. I don't make many throw pillows like you do so I am going to stuff them with cheap pillows from Walmart or the dollar store. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a smart idea! I feel like my sewing room has been invaded with giant bags of marshmallows! I have polyfil everywhere! I'm off to the Amazon jungle to get one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excllent idea-I just ordered one! thank you. mary wendland

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute, a great addition to any room, and no one has to know you're storing stuff in it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Such a great storage piece AND a decorative piece of furniture. You've got my wheels turning now, Maureen...Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This blog has a lot of friendliness and a warm welcome
    voyance gratuite par mail rapide

    ReplyDelete
  14. Un blog sympa que je découvre seulement !

    voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!