Monday, February 1, 2016

Chalk & Paint : :

Last week I received a beautiful bundle of Sew Caroline's newest collection for Art Gallery Fabrics, Chalk & Paint, due out in stores this month!

Chalk & Paint Fabric LOVE!

This collection is SO sweet! The colors are warm & soothing and the prints are happy & fun, just a real pleasure to sew with! Right away I knew they'd make a perfect Herringbone QAYG Birthday pillow for my Mama!

Chalk Paint Pillow

She loved it! I only took this one photo before gifting it to her, but I know I'm not at all finished sewing with these pretty fabrics. I cut just one narrow strip from 18 of the 20 prints to sew up this 18"  pillow, and now I'm dreaming of Chalk & Paint quilt plans!

Chalk & Paint Bundle

By the end of last week I also decided on a plan for my bold Fleet & Flourish quilt beginning!

A Start

I love when you chime in and share your opinions! Reading through your comments always leads me in a direction that feels right. I'm happy with what I have now, but it's just a start. I'm thinking of using this as a center medallion piece for a new "making rows" style quilt. Hoping to have more to share soon!!

Happy Monday, friends!

♡ Maureen 

21 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see where you take that center medallion piece. I wouldn't have put that mustard yellow and red with the purple print but it looks great! And you always inspire me to make pillows. I'm going to try to sneak away to my sewing machine to start one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size is the center medallion? And what size are the blocks? It's quite an impressive use of those three striking colors! Thanks for sharing, as always.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chalk and paint so pretty. The fleet and flourish is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fleet and flourish . I have some I'm fixing to use in a quilt. Chalk and paint is pretty too! Lovvvve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love medallion quilts...never boring to piece....and using this beauty in a row by row will make a beauty of a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pillow! I really must try binding one sometime...it just looks so tidy! It will be fun to watch your medallion/row take shape, with Fleet & Flourish? Please! It will be awesome! (I am making a monthly Medallion for myself this year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pillow and the quilt, the quilt colors look amazing together. I would never have done that but it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chalk and paint pillow for your mom is really lovely. I can't wait to see where you take the center medallion. I love the bright saturated colors, I try to always sew with lots of color, while I try to keep in mind who I'm sewing for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the soft colors of Chalk and Paint Pillow. I have some medallions made already and need inspiration to make them into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That chalk and paint pillow is dreamy. Not my colors, but yummy all the same. Your new quilt beginning is more my speed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really pleased with reading your blog!!! Excellent content wrote, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!