Wednesday, November 11, 2015

By Trees & Water : :

Today I continue with sharing my Criss Cross Diamond Quilt photographed right here in beautiful Potter County!

Criss Cross Diamond Quilt in Artisan

The fabrics I chose for my Craftsy class version, Pat Bravo's unique Artisan fabric collection for Art Gallery Fabrics, had us heading into the woods. The rustic palette with shades of turmeric, raw sienna, burnt umber, deep denim blues and pine looked stunning surrounded by all the trees and water. It was so beautiful!

Artisan & Craftsy Class GIVEAWAY

Criss Cross Diamond Quilt in Artisan

The pattern is a repetitive block, quilt as you go style, that is the final quilt I teach in my new Craftsy class, Quick Quilt As You Go! Using a combination of easy strip piecing for quick patchwork and my method of QAYG makes this complicated looking pattern so fast and simple, it's really amazing!

I actually timed myself making this quilt, just to get an idea of how fast it truly is. After all of my cutting was complete, including the batting squares you'll need and the patchwork strips that you'll create for the criss cross part of the design, each block took me between three to four minutes each. That's without rushing, just casually sewing while watching something on Netflix, as I do. That means that this twenty block quilt top, that finishes at about 52" x 65," took me less than an hour and a half to make!

Criss Cross Diamond Quilt for Craftsy!

If you're following me on Instagram you can click on either my hashtag for this quilt, #crisscrossdiamondquilt, the class hashtag #QuickQuiltAsYouGo, or look back through the blog to see the other versions I've shared of this pattern. They all look completely different, just from fabric selection. My very favroite part of this pattern is the patchwork criss cross that runs throughout the quilt. Next I plan to add four strips of patchwork with smaller diamonds forming at the corners. I can't wait to get started and sharing that one!

Criss Cross Diamond Quilt in Artisan

To finish I used more Artisan for my quilt backing, Betoken in Sparks. It's such a wonderful, earthy coffee shade of brown that I love, especially against the November landscape.

Criss Cross Diamond Quilt Back

For the binding I used my own Wild & Free fabric print, Woven Path. I love a good stripey binding and this denim & white print worked perfectly to frame this one out!

Criss Cross Diamond Quilt bound with Wild & Free

I have two more QAYG quilts left to share! These aren't from my Craftsy class, although if you happen to take the class you'd learn how to make these as well! One is another in April Rhodes' Bound fabrics and one is in Modern Quilt Unlimited magazine on stands now!

QAYG Quilts

While I was away at Quilt Market my husband ripped up the carpet in my sewing room and while it's been a ton of work putting it all back together, it's forced me to get rid of so much that I don't need. That's a very good thing! I'll be working on an Instagram destash I plan to have later this afternoon, around 1 pm EST. If you're interested, be sure to follow me @maureencracknell! Have a great day!!

♡ Maureen

30 comments:

  1. Wow! That one really stands out beautifully. I love the idea of patchwork and strips together & your way of using the strips to meet at the corners is stunning - as are all your works. Wonderful group of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous quilt, Maureen. And the backing fabric and binding are wonderful. The perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great block and the result is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such an amazing job with your quilts and photography. It really is inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so beautiful and I love seeing them in their natural environment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is my favorite quilt so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last photo is a stand out among stand outs!!! This is a super fun pattern, and gorgeous in these fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a gorgeous quilt, Maureen. The background is pretty awesome too. What a beautiful place to photograph them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so lucky to live in such a beautiful place. Everywhere you look is truly picture perfect! It makes it easy. :)

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful quilt - wonderful fabrics and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These particular fabrics made this version so warm and perfect for Fall. I really love it!

      Delete
  11. You always have such beautiful photos of your quilts! When I saw the picture on Instagram of the quilt on the branch over the water, it gave me the inspiration for the quilt I'm making for our local EMT auction. I'd been struggling with it, but seeing this was just what I needed to think of a good idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is the pattern available on its own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not, it was a pattern I created special for this Craftsy class opportunity.

      Delete
  13. I would like to make this in the traditional quilting style, not quilt as you go and king size. I am not familiar with craftsy. Is there information on craftsy that I could use to figure it out? Would it work?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?

    ReplyDelete
  15. شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر

    tuetabar eamaliaat albahth ean sharikat mukafahat hasharat bialkhabar min 'akthar al'ashya' alati taqum biha taqum biha almamlakat almutahidat mae dukhul fasl alsayfi.
    wamin almaeruf 'ana altaayirat almaerufat biaism altaayirat wahataa alnaml wabaq , wamusaeadatihim , wazuhurihim mae ziadat darajat alhararati.

    شركة مكافحة الحمام بالخبر

    sharikat mukafahat hamaam bialkhabar bialkhabar walkhabar min al'ashya' alati yabhath eanha aleumala' fi alkhabar , wadhalik min 'ajl alhusul ealaa jawazat safar wafidat min altuyur , tuafir mkanan fi mintaqat alkaram alhadithat waltaqniaat min 'ajl tilk alsuwrat waltilialiat fi tilk al'anwae min altibaei. altaaqat alati tama tarkibuha ealaa kafat alhafalat , waltaaqat , waltaaqat , waltaaqat , waltaaqat alkahrabayiyat , wakadhalik altaaqat alkahrabayiyatu.

    شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالخبر

    sharikat tanzif mukayifat bialkhabar taqum bikuli 'aemal altanzif ealaa 'akmaliha ladayha khibrat wakafayh ealyh fi hadha almajal , walkitabat fi jawlat fi alfaragh 'iinama bialtarkiz lilwusul 'iilaa 'aelaa darajat fi aldarajat al'uwlaa , kama tahtamu .
    bisabab airtifae darajat alhararat alshadidat , fa'iina kathrat aistikhdam almukayifat wakathrat taearudiha lilkharij alkharijii yaeriduha dakhil almukayif wadukhul 'iilaa alkharij , wahadha yadulu ealaa 'ana jamie 'afrad hadhih al'aemal yaemalun fi 'aemal altanzifi. khibratan khasatan mae sharikat khibrat ealiat mithl sharika

    شركة تعقيم بالخبر

    taeqim bialdamaam , waltibaeat waltaeqim , waltibaeat , waltibaeat , waltibaeat , waltibaeat , waltibaeat , waltibaeat , waltibaeat , waltibaeat , waltibaeat li sharikat altaeqim waealaa rasiha sharikat taeqim bialdamaam alati tamtalik khtwtan taemal fi alkharij fi alhifaz ealaa alsihat aleamati.

    شركة تسليك مجاري بالخبر

    sharikat taslik majari bialqatif sharikat altatwir aleaqarii fi almustaqbal bialqatif min akhtur almashakil alati qad tuajihuk natijatan lisababih min nawe sababuh min alsabab wara' dhalik lilmanzil walilhamaamat walmatabikh alkhasat bialmanzil wamushkilat ainsidad almajari 'aw alsirf alsihiyi 'aw ainsidad

    شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر

    sharikat tanzif manazil bialkhabar tastakhdim afdal turuq albaye aldaakhilii lilmanazil bialkharij bialaietimad ealaa aleamalat dhat aleamalat alkabirat fi tanfidh kafat aemaal tanzif almanazil w alkhadamat
    wasaead fi alhusul ealaa mujtamae watiib , wabiyat , wabiyat , wabiyat , wataeam , wanas tawal alwaqt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!