Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Summer Sewing : :

Yesterday I took and shared this photo, after entering my sewing room for the first time in ten days, with a smile and thought that one of the very best parts of going away for a long vacation, is the coming home again.

One of the very best parts of going away for a long vacation -- coming home again.

I really missed this space and had been missing it even before we left. The busy Summer days never leave much time for sewing, do they? It's been a struggle to keep up with my shop, deadlines, and this blog these last several weeks, more so then I remember previous Summers being. I'm always reminding myself how generous the long Winter's are for work & sewing time, when I start to miss it or feel behind. These sweet days of Summer are not forever, they are happening now, and I need to enjoy them.

This morning at the Park

But today, since afternoon rain and thunderstorms are on the way, I will be sewing! I truly need it. I plan to head straight to the Monthly Sparks bundle I shared last week!

Monthly Sparks Bundle

I've already decided on a simple, easy quilt. A quilt that isn't needed, that has no deadline to be finished, and no set pattern even. If at the end of today, I have a new quilt start to share tomorrow, that will be lovely. But really, in this particular case, a finished object will just be a bonus. It's the sewing that I'm really after, and the sewing itself that is precisely what I need and am so grateful for!

♥ Maureen

19 comments:

  1. Oh, how I can relate, Maureen! There's always that pull between creating and not missing a minute of the summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric stash looks so neat and tidy... and I love the ones you have chosen to start your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, have fun! I know you will - you can't miss! Looking forward to your next post....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved summer, but as I get older I tend to stay inside more often. The heat and I just do not love one another the way we did a few years ago. Which means, I do get to spend quite a bit of time sewing. I agree that summers are a time to enjoy each and every moment because of my experience now....so do sit back and enjoy! I love the fabrics that you have chosen for your quilt project. I am especially drawn to your first white with the variety of shapes and colors. Have a fabulous time creating and enjoying summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the name of the very front fabric? I have been looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous pic.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for your site! Really, it's great and as I saw in the first positions is true that sharing and site interface are really a boon for the work style. Really a big thank you!

    voyance gratuite ; voyance gratuite serieuse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, lovely fabric. See and enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post, lovely fabric. See and enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the site it is very nice to be more interactive and more originale.De it has a lot of content and links.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving Bandana by Me and My Sister for Moda. The colours really appeal to me.

    wlinda_ca at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm following Lady Belle Fabric on Facebook.

    wlinda_ca at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm following you by email.

    wlinda_ca at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!