It's been a couple of years now since I've made a pillowcase. I've made them for a pillowcase drive and with a friend, but never have I made any for our very own beds. This morning I pulled this Arrow Sketch Stitch patchwork from my work in progress basket and decided to turn it into a first quilted pillowcase for US!
A quick glance at the Pretty Quick Pillowcase Tutorial with French seam instructions that I've always used for pillowcase-making and I felt confident turning my abandoned patchwork into something fun and useful!
I used some leftover Folk Plaid binding for the trim, easy & perfect!
I found just the right piece of a Honey Pure Element solid in my scrap bin to use for the cuff. The French seams really make a perfect pillowcase finish inside and out!
I love these colors & fabric prints so much together and my Aurifil thread arrow sketch, with all the Janome built-in stitch details, really makes it special!!
Haila approves, hooray!