Monday, May 11, 2015

Arrow Stitching : :

Spring Project

For the past few weeks I've been working on my plan for a new Sketch Stitch quilt. I shared the fabrics I'll be using a few weeks back, my Wild & Free collection with Wanderer and Indie, two of my very favorites! Since I haven't done much of this "freehand machine embroidery" since the Fall and because I can't seem to decide on all the details, I thought it would be best to practice a little before diving in.

I started with this gorgeous Spring inspired fabric pull...

Spring Inspired Fabric Pull

Building simple patchwork blocks in aqua, peaches & cream, and my Folk Plaid blue, a current favorite color palette!

Simple Patchwork

Simple Patchwork

Next I gathered up a few spools of Aurifil in coordinating colors and I started stitching up my first arrow. I love arrows, they're so much fun to draw and stitch, and are such a perfect motif to add in layers of stitched patterns!

Aurifil Sketch Stitch

With these beautiful threads, using a few of the built-in stitches on my Janome, in no time at all I finished my arrow and finally decided on a border plan for that Sketch Stitch quilt!

Aurifil Stitched Arrow

Here you can see close up of a few of my most favorite stitches to use -- A wide straight satin stitch for pops of color, a vertical triangle satin stitch for a wonderful graphic detail, and an Heirloom triangle stitch to emulate my arrowhead design.

Arrow Details

Stitched Arrow

I love how just a few simple stitches can create such a beautiful picture and remind me of how much I enjoy this kind of stitch work! Thanks for stopping to see my ➳ arrow stitching ➳ today, I'll have more to share soon! ♡ Maureen

19 comments:

  1. I am encouraged to give this type of stitching a try! Beautiful work 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely amazing! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thread painting. My favorite is still your self portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! The stitch work is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, both the arrow and the fabrics! !!♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those arrows are amazing! You should design embroidery machine patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I love your blog it's really nice
    continued like that for the rest of it is really perfect believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bet Bet is one of my nephew who love to cook commercial food but the taste isn't good so can you teach me how to find cookbook online?IBCBET Online http://arenacyber.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!