Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sketch Stitching Arrows : :

Sketch Stitch Arrows on PE Peach Sherbet

The promises I make to myself are the hardest one's to keep, but last night after a rough day I knew I'd feel so much better if I spent the hour I had pledged to devote to my sketch stitch ideas working on something new. It absolutely worked, I felt better and was quickly reminded that when I feel better, I do better!

I'm having so much fun working on these pieces! This one I created to match my Fletching Chant arrows print in my fabric collection, Wild & Free. I started by thread sketching a set of arrows onto a quilted piece of AGF's Pure Element Peach Sherbet with a white Aurifil 50wt. This colorful stack of AGF Pure Element solids coordinate with my collection and inspired the thread color story I used to create this new sketch.

Arrows & P E Solids

Experimenting with the combination of threads and stitches feels just like coloring! It really is so much fun!

Stitchy Details

The feather I shared earlier in the week began with a simple sketch in a dark blue thread, then came all the color. This time I used a variety of decorative satin stitches in a mix of widths and patterns, saving the dark blue thread for my final outline. The triangle stitch patterns are my very favorite and so closely match the details I added to the very first pen drawings that became my Fletching Chant print!

Stitchy Details

I'm so excited to have this new stash of AGF Pure Element solids to sketch on and to sew with while I wait for my fabrics to arrive. It's going to make this waiting time much more enjoyable and bearable!

Free Sewn Arrows

Art Gallery Fabrics recently shared their interview with me, where I talk about the inspiration behind my collection, what it means to me, along with my hopes for the rest of this year! I'd love for you to check it out by clicking -- here!

Maureen

27 comments:

  1. This is crazy good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Keep sketching and showing us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "WOW", you are a very talented young lady and your work is beautiful. So glad you share it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you to share it all with! It really does encourage me to keep at it, so thank YOU!

      Delete
  4. how totally wonderful. Off to read the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There seems to be no end for your creativity. You are an inspiration....so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth! It will be good to finally get back to quilting next week while the kids are at school, but adding in time for this new type of work has been really great too. The positive response I'm receiving has been wonderful!! Thanks again!

      Delete
  6. I love how these turned out, I think I need to take more time to play too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really do bridge thread sketching into a whole new area for me. I've never been that drawn to fancy stitches but yours are so fresh and creative it makes me open to new ways of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maureen! Your NEW fabric Line is gorgeus and the interview well done! I can imagine you speaking and also drawing and working with the designs. These arrows are amazing but we know that you are master with stitcht skecthing! Thank you for sharing you talent and inspiration! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesomeness! I always look forward to your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness maureen!!! i am so absolutely head or heels in love with these arrows!!!! :) i saw them on instagram and hoped over to your blog hoping you would have more details here! i am also in love with your fabric line more than i have been in love with a fabric line in a long time :) i am curious though.... did you do all of the stitching on the machine?? and did you just wing it? or did you sketch something on the fabric to follow?? i would love a few more details because i really need some arrows like that in my life :) also... i am totally pinning this loveliness... thank you for being SO inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sketch stitching really gives your artistic abilities a chance to shine in a new way Maureen. Spending some time on a non-compulsory creative project is very satisfying and soothing, I'm pleased you made it a priority.

    Just wanted to share my latest finish with you. I incorporated a number of AMH ribbons (and other ribbons and braid) in this quilt and other little features, partly inspired by your QAYG Winter Herringbone in which you added ribbons. I asked you at the time if you were happy with the ribbons in a quilt and your reassurance gave me the confidence to do the same. Thank you for the inspiration you add to my sewing.
    http://piecesofcontentment.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/royal-whispers-serenading.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look beautiful, very inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to have these fabrics for my little 20 months old son:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo, a lot of courage to go on and so
    beautiful creations !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable content on your site. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content, thanks for sharingChoti Sardarni Full Episode
    Choti Sardarni Video Episode

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writg. Cheers!

    Watch Dil Yeh Ziddi Hai Online
    Dil Yeh Ziddi Hai Episode Online
    Dil Yeh Ziddi Hai Latest Episode

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!