Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Little Time Away : :


My birthday really crept up on me this year. It's been a busy time lately, with the school year coming to an end and all that Summer brings. I will be spending some time away from my blog this week, from the time I usually spend creating, and the time it takes to share those things here. My son Jacob had is tonsils and adenoids removed this week and although he is doing extremely well, lots of cuddling and icy treats are keeping me busy full time.


I spent many hours knitting the two days we were away, which made me wonder...what on Earth do mother's who don't knit do in this type of situation?  When my hands got tired of knitting, I started this new embroidery design of the Hawaiian Naupaka flower, a gift for my sister Catherine who lives in Hawaii and who I miss terribly. It's come a long way since this photo and I will be sure to share that soon.

I can say that I did get everything I wanted for my birthday -- sweet little handmade cards, a wonderful breakfast (not made by me), flowers, another new handbag. But best of all, the wonderful moment of realizing that after 29 years, through all the ups and downs, and every nervous moment from this week, this birthday girl has grown just enough that the space from my shoulder to my ear is the perfect fit to my 6 year old boy's sweet little head, who's made that space his cozy spot of comfort this week. I say it every year, but this year has definitely been the best birthday ever.

12 comments:

  1. That was so sweet! Made me cry a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I am glad you had a great day- and that Jacob is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! what a sweet post! The happiest of birthday wishes to you! and I'm glad to hear little Jacob is doing well after his ordeal. Enjoy your time off. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, happy birthday to you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful birthday, and best wishes to your Jacob for a full and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I found you on etsy. You have a very lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you. I saw the answer to your "what do mums who don't knit question"... some of the younger ones play their childrens hand held computer games, while othes read novels on their little digital thingies. I like the knitting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best people have birthdays in June. Have a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the sweet comments, for wishing me a Happy Birthday, and for thinking of Jacob. It has been a rough week, but I think he is on the mend now, and just maybe that means I'll get some sleep.

    : ) Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday - beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  11. o happy birthday! i hope your son is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photo! All the very best! Those flowers would be enough to heal anything. Peace, Katie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!