Thursday, August 30, 2018

New Boho Quilted Bags!

IMG_5561

Sometimes when I'm not sure what to sew, I'll pull from my scrap basket pieces to make a stack of 5-¼" squares and four x's as many 2-" squares in contrasting prints to make four-at-a-time flying geese that measure a 2-½" x 4-½" rectangle once trimmed. A very useful size for patchwork with endless possibilities. Recently I used my most recent batch of flying geese, along with prints from Flower Child, Soulful and various recolored prints of mine from Art Gallery Fusions collections, to stitch up some quilted zipper pouch bags and I LOVE how they turned out!

IMG_5568

IMG_5559

These prints and colors together are so pretty and cheerful!

IMG_5570

I use Hobbs Batting for everything I make now and these quilted bags were made with Heirloom Natural Cotton. Because I use quilt as you go when I make my bags, I always choose a 100% cotton or natural fiber batting that can handle a hot iron with steam, and Hobbs brand quickly became my new favorite this past year. I love to use batting to foundation piece the bag fronts and backs and finished these with a little additional wavy quilting.

IMG_5583

How fun are these yellow zippers with coral pink faux suede zipper pulls!

IMG_5579

Each of the bags I made are lined with my Swifty Flora Boho water color floral, for an interior just as pretty as the exterior!

IMG_5574

I love makin' stuff, and these days there's a particular excitement for putting gift sets together that include a handmade bag, fancy bag charm and handcrafted journal that tucks perfectly inside each bag. I think this harmonious set would make such a lovely gift!

IMG_5554

IMG_5564

I already have plans for my next batch. More on that soon!

Thanks for visiting! xo, Maureen

18 comments:

  1. Maureen, Love the bright fusion prints in your Boho Bags! Especially the pinks and yellows. Beautifully quilted too.

    schimmel(dot)db(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bags are just adorable...good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these bags. It's very nice how prints work together, sometimes they add dynamic to an ordinary design, and tilting the whole block always works beautifully. Great work MaureenπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ™πŸ˜πŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sold out of them so fast! I made one in the same pattern using Autumn Vibes the other day and I love it, too! Will share soon!

      Delete
  5. The first phase the preparation should, theoretically, be uninfluenced by the intended intensity and duration of the sound which is subsequently produced. In fact, however, so quickly are the three phases accomplished that the pianist rarely has capacity to think, in performance, of each phase separately. Shoulder Bags

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely, golf bags are necessary to the game of golf, which makes it more important for a golfer to know what they are looking for in a golf bag. The correct type of golf bag will help enhance the golfer's enjoyment of the game and protect all of the belongings kept inside their golf bag. Whether it be walking, pulling or driving, there is a perfect golf bag out there for everyone! lequeen diaper bags

    ReplyDelete
  8. Open apk files and enjoy your favorite android apps on several devices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. and when there is something specific you're looking for. borse vera pelle toscana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!