Monday, April 23, 2018

Flower Child is HERE!

Flower Child Poster

I'm so happy to see Flower Child arriving to shops! Before I share how excited I am about this new collection I have to ask, did you happen to see that Art Gallery Fabrics revealed my next collection, Autumn Vibes on their social media pages this past Friday? If you happened to miss it, you can find it here -- Autumn Vibes Reveal on Instagram

AGF and I would both love to know what you think, so feel free to leave a comment for them on Instagram! I'll be sharing more about Autumn Vibes soon. I've already started sewing samples with my strike offs for Quilt Market next month!

Autumn Vibes Banner

I'm always a ball of nerves around a fabric collection reveal - the days just before and after are such a mix of emotions, anticipation and excitement! This time I was a bit distracted from my usual nervousness because simultaneously my brand new Flower Child collection has been arriving to shops!

Flower Child Banner

When asked to describe this new collection I wrote, "Hidden amongst Mother Earth’s beauty lives the Flower Child. A colorful world filled with lush meadows, wild bouquets & the spirit of the flower child painted with fuchsia, blush pink & teal." This is perhaps my most colorful collection to date! I've fallen in love with sewing with it, it just makes me smile and happy and my BIG hope is that you'll feel that, too!

In Flower Child Quilting Cottons there are the standard twenty prints divided in two pretty colorways. This time I'm excited to have five new Garden Dreamer Knits and one beautiful Rayon!

Quilting Cotton: Festive Burst Palette

Flower Child ~ Festive Burst

Quilting Cotton: Warm Charm Palette

Flower Child ~ Warm Charm

Garden Dreamer Knits + Rayon:

Flower Child Knits & Rayon

With each new fabric collection, comes a free quilt pattern designed to pair perfectly with the quilting cottons that I have designed. This time I'm thrilled to share my first collaboration with Sharon McConnell of Color Girl Quilts! Sharon is the queen of sewing curves and even has her very own Classic Curves Ruler that she offers to help others make curved piecing quilts quickly without templates. What could be more fitting for these Flower Child fabrics than to make a quilt made of flowers! I'm completely in love with the Flower Crowns quilt pattern that Sharon designed and I hope you'll want to make one!!

Flower Crowns FREE Quilt Pattern for Flower Child

Be sure to check with your favorite online and brick & mortar fabric retailers and ask for Flower Child! I'm currently compiling a list of retailers that you can find on "My Art Gallery Fabrics" page (see above) with direct links to each shop who's carrying Flower Child. I'll be sharing many more images, project inspiration, giveaways and Flower Child sewing here and on my social media accounts in the weeks ahead. Be sure to follow along to see what I'm stitching up, and please remember to share your own Flower Child makes with the collection hashtag #FlowerChildFabrics!

I can't wait to show you the LookBook a little later this month/early next month and I REALLY can't wait to see all of what you'll create with this new collection!!

Have a great Monday! xo Maureen 

15 comments:

  1. I love your new collection of fabrics. Beautiful designs and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flower Child is gorgeous. I especially like the Sisterhood and the hand. I can see a beautiful zipper pouch done with Sisterhood in my future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to make some myself and those are two of my favorite prints from this new collection! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful collection! Where can we get the Flower Crowns quilt pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just click on the pattern image and it will direct you to the pattern. :) Here's the link incase you need it -- http://www.artgalleryfabrics.com/projects/images/flower_Crown_instructions.pdf

      Delete
  4. YES! This pile is so pretty. I just love all of the patterns.
    Maureen, I always get excited about your fabric

    Thank you for the pattern. I am going to print it right now
    Thank you so much for sharing your inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations.Flower Child is yummiest!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on another beautiful collection with a gorgeous palette. The definition of the flower child is just perfect! Sharon's Flower Crowns quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! You're my favorite fabric designer, and I eagerly await each of your new collections. This one is exceptionally pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK I am in serious trouble here! I love all of your fabric and this line is gorgeous:) If I owned a fabric shop just carrying your fabric lines would be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful fabric design. I found another fabric store store which is Broadway Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!