Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Community Sampler Week #8!

It's block release Wednesday of the Community Sampler sew-along, and this week I'm blogging from Hawaii where I'm visiting family!

Weathervane Block

Today is the release of block number SEVEN of the Community sampler! For those of you that are new here, Sharon Holland and I are co-hosting this block-of-the-week community sew-along, and you can visit my Community Sampler Page above in my tabs bar to retrieve all of the released PDF's so far to jump in anytime! We're so thrilled to have so many sewing with us once again!

Community Sampler Sew-Along

Today's PDF is for our SEVENTH block -- Weathervane. Instructions always come complete with cutting information plus step-by-step illustrations, and you're always welcome to hop on over to Sharon's blog if you're in need of additional images and tips for this week's block!

Community Sampler Week No. 8 -- Weathervane

For my Weathervane block I'm using four of my Love Story favorites -- Lovebirds Amber, Reflection of Love Light, Delicate Veil and Soulmate Blooms Lust!

Week #8 Fabrics

Favorite Fabrics

The variety of Love Story prints that I used for this week's block are my favorite so far! I think this combination is so sweet. I swapped my original center fabric plan for this pretty floral cluster. The perfect modest addition to follow last week's more flashy block!

Week 8 -- Weathervane Block

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your Weathervane blocks and playing catchup on last week's block once I'm back home from my trip! As always, when you share on Instagram use the hashtag #CommunitySampler and be sure to tag @sharonhollanddesigns and myself @maureencracknell so we can be sure to see your beautiful blocks!

Using #CommunitySampler hashtag will also automatically enter you in the weekly IG Giveaway pool! Remember that your Instagram account does need to be a public account for your post to show up in the Instagram hashtag pool. But please don't worry, if you don't have Instagram or you'd like to keep your account private, we will also be hosting the same giveaway prize, alternately between Sharon's and my blog, so you can choose how and where to enter each week!

Thank you, Sponsors!

Be sure to check back here on Friday for more info on this week's Community Sampler Giveaway with our wonderful sponsor Aurifil!

xo Maureen  

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!