Thursday, August 6, 2015

A New Plan : :

Is anyone else having trouble with Flickr lately? It took hours of trying to upload photos again this morning, but I finally just gave up. It's very strange and frustrating and I'm wondering if it's just me or something every user is experiencing?

Well, this week my Bound fabric sewing was off to a good start! Aren't these colors pretty?!



I began to work on my idea, the one I had shared last week, but after finishing the first block I had a very blah response. Still I continued on, making another to see if my feelings improved. Nope!





I couldn't imagine this idea working out at all like I had hoped, and so, I let it go. And, right away I put a new plan into action that I'm much more excited about!



I think these pinwheel blocks are a first for me, I can't recall ever making them before. They're fun to make, and fast! I'm using my go-to "make four HST's at a time" method that I always use when making half square triangle units. These will be just one style of block pattern in my new idea. I'll be back soon to share more! ♡ Maureen

20 comments:

  1. So lovely as always Maureen! I'm going to LOVE this one!!
    Have you ever tried the "magic 8" technique for hst ...you can make 8 at one time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pinweels! On the discarded blocks....one thin line of bright color going from right top to left bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow the pinwheels provide a better contrast between fabrics than your first pattern. It's good you made the switch after only two blocks.

    As for Flickr, there were times when I tried uploading that the app would return with a failure message. I just waited a day and tried again and had success. Perhaps the program is not that robust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pinwheel blocks and think that they really do the fabric justice. Glad you found something you like better than the first ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had problems with Flickr last night. Everything was soooo slow. Mind you I had problems with bloglovin and leaving comments. Maybe all the it guys and girls are on their vacations and no one to fix the glitches!!!
    Btw I love the colours and pinwheels. I do like it when bloggers share their less successful ideas, makes it seems more real to life. Particularly when there is a happy ending with a design/plan that excites you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the hexagon idea still has potential, but it's always a good idea to change directions early on when you're just not feeling it. Love the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pinwheels are gorgeous, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the blah. I don't think the improvisation works with the hexagons. It just kind of looked sloppy. And the colors seemed off.
    Go with the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those pinwheels are fantastic!! I love sweing whatever you make. It all looks good to me :) i noticed Flickr was really slow too and kept getting errors. Its painful

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pinwheels look great. On the discarded blocks. How would it work to swap the solids and prints around

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flickr has been a joke lately, but my problem is an old computer that can no longer support all the updates these sites continually are making. Like my computer is struggling with Firefox too. So if you have an old computer that may be the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Antony Gordon lives in a six bedroom, four bathroom rented mansion in Hancock Park. To seek out money, he tells sad stories about his children needing medication and medical care. He needs money to pay his phone bill so he can make things happen.

    http://www.lukeford.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!