Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bound : :

Bound 5

This week a beautiful bundle of Bound, April Rhodes' newest collection for Art Gallery Fabrics, arrived at my door! Without planning it April's gorgeous fabrics have certainly become a feature this week on my blog! Having just finished the Arizona Herringbone Quilt that I shared on Monday, made using April's debut Limited Edition Arizona collection for AGF, and today's sewing time has been dedicated to making new quilt plans for Bound!

Bound 1

With the Morning Palette colorway still neatly tied with a strand of wool yarn and my sketchbook before me, I first sketched out a quick and simple idea of improv squares and rectangles, inspired by the idea of random stamped blocks. I love this idea, but imagine my bricks of patchwork to be framed in very light neutrals. Since several of the prints are very light, low volumes, I'm thinking this idea might work best for a fabric collection more saturated with color.

Bound 2

Bound 3

My next idea is something still very geometric, still very inspired by this idea of stamped shapes, but this time I started sketching out random broken hexagon shapes. I loved it immediately!

Bound 4

After taking a closer look at my favorite Bound prints, I'm even more inspired to give this idea a try! I especially love this two-tone section of the Bound in Homebody stripe!

Bound 6

And, the beautiful colors of this Painting Celebration print will surely influence which solids I'll use!

Bound 7

I can't wait to begin! ♡ Maureen

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your sketches. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It so great when a quilter/designer shares their thought process ... I love where this is heading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl ! I love April's fabrics ! They resonate with my Texas lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the painting celebration print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics are wonderful. I think your ideas are great and will make wonderful projects. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely group of fabrics, I bet it will be lots of fun designing with, and I am sure you will come up with a gorgeous new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, can't wait to shop. Excepting a new great grand

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm like everyone else I can't wait to see what you come up with

    ReplyDelete

  9. احب اشارك معاكم موقع متخصص في اعمال الحديد والاستانلس
    ايه رايكم فيه؟
    http://decor-ksa.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!