Thursday, July 9, 2015

Begin Again : :

Back in March, when it was still chilly and thoughts of colorful Summer flowers and days still felt distant, it was those musings combined with my first Monthly Sparks blogger bundle -- a bright collection of fabrics turned into dozens of flying geese that inspired the beginnings of my Modern Chrysanthemum quilt block!

My Monthly Sparks February Bundle 2

Colorful Geese Beginnings

Modern Chrysanthemum quilt block plans

Modern Chrysanthemum quilt block plans

I was so excited about where I was headed with this one and somehow still managed to bury it!

Then this morning I brought it out again, gave it and my remaining sixty flying geese units a good press, took lots of pictures to share today, all so I can begin a new plan for it.

Modern Chrysanthemum quilt block plans

Modern Chrysanthemum quilt block plans

Modern Chrysanthemum quilt block plans

Modern Chrysanthemum quilt block plans

There's a long drive ahead of us as we head to North Caroline tomorrow for our annual family vacation. I'm excited for the time to sketch out a final design plan and to have this beautiful beginning out awaiting my return!

♡ Maureen

10 comments:

  1. I would never use these colors but the way you are using them is wonderful. I need to step out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously gorgeous! The way you assemble blocks is truly impressive, every single one is a riotous feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thanks for keeping me inspired with your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome .Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you've done with the corners. It's part of the design, but also reminds me of hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled upon your blog very interesting! ! Thank you for giving us this moment of pure happiness .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!