Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Natalie's Wild & Free Quilt : :

Natalie's Wild & Free Quilt

This past weekend I was thrilled to have Natalie of Green Leaf Goods here for a visit! We met each other a few years ago through a quilting bee we both had joined. Her distinct modern improv style caught my eye right away! I was new to quilting then and was so inspired by her color, fabric, and block style choice when her turn to choose the bee quilt design would come around every few months. The Improv Chevron block pattern that she introduced to me is still a favorite of mine! Being just a newbie then, making these bee blocks was one of my first enjoyable experiences with quilting, and no doubt influenced my own style!

Improv Chevron Bee Block -- stash pulls and more scraps!

Over the years Natalie and I have kept in touch through social media and had made a few different attempts to get together that just never worked out. A few months ago I sent her a bundle of my Wild & Free fabrics to have some fun with, I love her style and knew she'd make something to inspire us all! I was so excited on Saturday when our plans to get together finally worked out, we had such a great time, and I was overjoyed to see her beautiful quilt work in person! My husband snapped this photo of us together with her Wild & Free quilt right in our backyard, what a surreal & special moment!

I had the most wonderful visit with my sweet, amazingly talented friend Natalie @greenleafgoods yesterday, who brought along her beautiful #wildandfreefabric quilt!! Here we are in my backyard!

And then, we decided to have ourselves a Potter County quilt photo shoot at the park nearby, how could we not!!

Natalie's Wild & Free Quilt

Isn't her quilt beautiful?! I've been combining Wild & free with mostly other Art Gallery Fabric collections, so I especially loved seeing my collection used with so many different prints, by so many different designers!

Natalie's Wild & Free Quilt -- woodgrain quilting

Natalie's work is complete perfection! From her color & print selections, to the balance she created in her quilt design, to her wood grain quilting. It's all such flawless work!

Natalie's Wild & Free Quilt

I especially love these little red nine patch blocks and the green Lizzy House print binding!

Natalie's Wild & Free Quilt -- Red Nine Patches

I have to showoff her quilt back, too! The combination of prints and colors she chose is too amazing not to share!

Natalie's Wild & Free Quilt -- Love this quilt back!

I'm so grateful for this chance to share Natalie's quilt today, I hope you're feeling as inspired as I am!!

I wish you all a beautiful day! ♡ Maureen

17 comments:

  1. I agree: Natalie's work is beautiful. I especially love the vibrant red diamond at the center of the quilt and the green binding. Soooo pretty. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, love the design and your beautiful collection! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts and pics.wishing you a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knew Natalie briefly when she was in Ann Arbor. Our AAMQG still misses her. Love her creative work here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this! Your photos are lovely, and I had such a good time this weekend! I felt like I could have stayed to talk all weekend :) It was so wonderful working with your fabrics, and I am just so glad I could show you the quilt in person! I loved reading your post, it sums everything up so well, and I loved looking back at some of the work we did in the quilting bee! I loved working on the chevron quilt, and I am so glad our paths crossed then! Can't wait until we can do it again and can sneak in some sewing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly hope that you will design another fabric collection for Art Gallery fabrics because this collection was inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing. I wish I could be that neat when I make quilts. I'm just starting my first proper quilt and none of my squares seem to match up :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this quilt, it's really gorgeous. I immediately spied the wall flower by Amy Butler on the back.... gosh that's an old favourite of everyone's I think! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt has so many colors and fabrics, yet it is so balanced. I love it! I always enjoy your photos, you live is such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again. Visit my link as well.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!