Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Haila's Fox : :

Haila's Fox

This past week we had such a houseful, but on Saturday for just an hour or so, Haila and I found ourselves a little stretch of sewing time. A promise was made that we'd sew over Thanksgiving break, and this was our big chance!

First I asked her to choose from my pile of random quilt blocks what would be the center of a new quilted pillow. She opted for a little fabric fox appliqued onto a light gray PE solid. She's always loved my fox pillows and was thrilled for this chance to make one of her very own. She decided right away to surround little fox with pretty flowers, so that's what she did!

Into the Woods

Fox Wip

Haila Sews

Haila sews

Haila's Fox

I really love this pillow - the colors, those sweet florals, and my girl's effortful stitching. It's always so fun watching her work, understanding each step with such delight, it's exciting to see!

Haila's Fox As long as she keep requesting these sewing sessions, I will happily oblige. It's a pleasure!

♡  Maureen

27 comments:

  1. Love the smile on her face and know that the time spent together is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project for you to do together! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to your daughter, she did great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these kind of posts! Hail a is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lovely daughter should be very proud of herself! She did a wonderful job!! Way tot go, Haila!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely precious! Such great memories! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute fox pillow and such a fun project to do together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute and great job on the pillow Haila.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh she did a beautiful job!! way to go haila! my daughter sewed herself a skirt recently. it's just the best helping them create, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One very talented little girl, with one very talented
    Mummy. Beautiful cushion.

    Can you do a beginners class, I mean
    way back as if your teaching your daughter,
    I would love to learn from you and although
    I read your blog there are some tech words etc
    I not sure of. I did do sewing at school and that
    goes way back x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! I actually think about that whenever I am teaching Haila or even recently when I taught my friend how to make my herringbone qayg quilt. So often I create tutorials using the techniques I've most recently figured out, creating a project to showcase that new skill(s). But I do wish to one day start from a "sewing 101" place and organize my tutorials from beginner to advanced for those of you who ask and would benefit. Just hoping for the time, so in the meantime please feel free to email me questions anytime!

      Delete
  12. This is so wonderful, and your daughter certainly takes after her Mom!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She did a fabulous job! And she is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable - both the pillow and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She did a fabulous job, well done :o) Plus I'm impressed she got that done in an hour, I'd have still be swithering over fabric choices at that stage ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely adorable! I just love how enthusiastic she is about sewing and the fact that she'll have these wonderful memories of sewing with you, she'll have a life-long love of sewing too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!