Oh, it feels so good to be back to blogging this morning and extra good to have my finished Winter's Garden Quilt to share today, along with a special Dear Stella Mercer Giveaway!
This gorgeous stack of fabrics became such a beautiful quilt, one of my new favorites for sure! The collection of classic prints in chevrons, florals, polka-dots, and solids inspired me to make something traditional and sweet, with a repetitive block design and sashing. A style of quilt that is very different from my regular craftship, but I'm so, SO happy with how it turned out!
For our photo shoot Kevin and I decided to visit the cabin, the very first home we shared together as a family! We've been wanting to bring one of my quilts here for picture taking for quite sometime, and this one just seems to fit so perfectly!
The heavily wooded land combined with how bright the sun was shining yesterday made everything a little shadowy, but still so pretty!
Keeping with the ultra soft and romantic feel of this quilt I sent it off to long arm quilter extraordinaire Melissa of Sew Shabby Quilting to quilt with beautiful roses, using her Simply Roses pattern!
For the backing I chose my very favorite Mercer print, Feathers in Indigo. It's such a gorgeous pattern!
For my binding I finished with a Stella Solid in Indigo. The quality of Dear Stella's solids is wonderful, they are so super soft! I love this shade of navy so much I had to use more to finish my newest Herringbone quilt that I'll be sharing a little later in the week!
As promised, now that I have finally finished, photographed, and shared my finished quilt, I have a gorgeous fat quarter bundle of Mercer ready to giveaway today!
Enter to win a FQ bundle of Mercer!
1. Simply leave a comment here in this post! (one entry)
2. Follow Dear Stella Designs on Facebook or Instagram! Just let me know that you do by making a separate comment here to record that entry. (optional extra entry)
3. My followers get a third entry! Whether you follow me here, on Facebook, on Instagram, just let me know that you do by making a separate comment here to record that entry. (optional extra entry)
4. Help spread the word!! I know that many of you already do, so I thought it would be nice to add that as another way to enter! Whether by tweet, instagram, facebook, pin, blog, etc... (optional extra entry)
That’s 4 possible entries! Enter now through Monday, March 31st. The winner will be chosen by
* Note * This giveaway is open to EVERYONE! If you're a "no reply" or anonymous commenter, please remember to include your email address in your comment!