Just before sundown last night, when it looked like the wind had lightened just enough to make quilt photographing possible, we went for a quick drive to snap these pictures. It was extremely chilly and as the last bit of light was high on the hilltops the warm colors of my quilt gave a vision so great. It was too beautiful to capture, but I tried!
This is my second Herringbone Quilt, made using the Herringbone quilt-as-you-go Tutorial that I share here, Anna Maria Horner's Dowry & True Colors collections for Free Spirit Fabrics, and Anna's Dowry ribbons collection for Renaissance Ribbons. I'm so happy with how this one turned out that I just might love it even more than my first, which is so encouraging because I plan to make at least three more this year. A Spring Herringbone with lighter and brighter fabrics, a Summer version in voile, and a second using the colors of Autumn that I love so much.
This panel style of quilt-as-you-go made my idea of adding in ribbons effortless. After each panel was finished I simply edge stitched the ribbons, keeping the same angle as my fabrics, with a matching Aurifil thread directly on top of my work. Just here and there to add an extra bit of color, texture, and shimmer!
For my binding I finished with a Stella Solid in Indigo, the same binding I used to finish my Winter's Garden quilt from earlier in the week.
To create this quilt I used just two Design Rolls of Dowry and one of True Colors. Using the pre-cut 2.5" strips of fabric made my quick quilt pattern, even quicker! I had on hand one yard of each Dowry Ribbon to add to my quilt top. And I'm so very happy to share that these gorgeous ribbons are now available for purchase by the yard right here, at Renaissance Ribbons!
As promised once again, now that I have finished, photographed, and shared this new quilt, I have a gorgeous Design Roll of both the Dowry & True Colors collections that I used to make my quilt, and the entire Dowry ribbons collection to offer today in another special Giveaway!
Enter to win a Dowry & True Colors Design Roll and the Dowry Ribbons collection!
1. Simply leave a comment here in this post! (one entry)
2. Follow Renaissance Ribbons on Facebook or Instagram! Just let me know that you do by making a separate comment here to record that entry. (optional extra entry)
3. Follow Free Spirit Fabrics on Facebook! Just let me know that you do by making a separate comment here to record that entry. (optional extra entry)
4. My followers get a third entry! Whether you follow me here, on Facebook, on Instagram, just let me know that you do by making a separate comment here to record that entry. (optional extra entry)
5. Help spread the word!! I know that many of you already do, so I thought it would be nice to add that as another way to enter! Whether by tweet, instagram, facebook, pin, blog, etc... (optional extra entry)
That’s 5 possible entries! Enter now through Thursday, April 3rd. The winner will be chosen by
* Note * This giveaway is open to EVERYONE! If you're a "no reply" or anonymous commenter, please remember to include your email address in your comment!
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Thank you to all who entered the Giveaway!!
Comment #451 -- * JoAnne Brown *
Comment #451 -- * JoAnne Brown *