Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Glittered Snowflake Mobile : :

When I first saw this snowflake mobile on Posie Gets Cozy, I had to have it! And then I heard that little whisper, "Maureen, don't do it. You can make something similar. Don't spend the money, it's not even free shipping...." So... I convinced myself that I could whip something up, with some things that I had on hand. And, then I decided it should be sparkly, too!

Glittered Snowflake Mobile

I had originally set out to make this a simple tutorial of sorts, laying everything out for careful picture taking and instruction writing. But oh was this project anything but simple! If you've ever attempting to make a mobile like this, then you know! I actually have made something similar and had completely forgotten what a pain it is to get a mobile balanced. So therefor, a tutorial just wouldn't be right. For such a simple idea, it was so challenging and I won't be making another ANY time soon!

Glittered Snowflake Mobile

In case any of you are still interested, after that uplifting intro :) -- For the basic how-to, you'll need a variety of wooden embroidery hoop sizes (you'll only use the center circle of each hoop), string, scissors, and lots of sparkly or paper snowflakes. I pretty much tied on every snowflake ornament I had. I do love the sparkle!!!

Glittered Snowflake Mobile

The only thing left to add now is some handmade paper snowflakes of our very own and I think it will be perfect!

Glittered Snowflake Mobile

A pain in the butt to make, but still pretty!!!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That is really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty! Wondering if I can get the kids to cut out snowflakes to make one, but not three tiered. Mine would not turn out so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I love you more for making your own :) Snowflakes are my favourite decorations (so weird I don't actually have any!!? Must get on that!) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa! very very very pretty! i laughed at your forget the tutorial moment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love it! I think I might need one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin the honest disclosure ;) Yes, sometimes pretty just isn't worth another go around. And sometimes it is. But this one really IS pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sparkle even if it was a pain to make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!