Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Favorites...

I just wanted to quickly share a few of our new favorites...

Elephants headed to Australia -- this turned out exactly like I had pictured!
Tom's Elephant Birthday Crown

Another Secret Garden crown -- full of Spring colors!
Anabelle Garden Crown

A new favorite game -- she beats me every time!
Memory Winner!

A few more things we are "favoriting" this week : :

: : My Father's Daughter -- We have already enjoyed eight recipes from this book since last Thursday!

: : A scrap fabric map of the United States  -- I am dreaming of making a huge one of these for the kids!

: : Doodle Stitching -- Finding lots of Stitch inspiration within the pages of this little book!

: : The pretty peach roses on our mantle -- A surprise for me, even though we promised to save our $ for an upcoming trip to Philadelphia!

: : Rachel's Invisible Zipper Tutorial -- Because sooner than later I 'm going to give it a try!

: : This quote -- "I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either." -- Hilarious!

I hope you enjoy discovering some of our new favorites, as well!   ~ Maureen

11 comments:

  1. I just love your crowns! You have such talent...and that is my favorite quote, too. I should frame it and hang it on the door...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little elephant!!! My oldest had a Dumbo obsession .....I think we watched it 4,362 times to be exact! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute elephant! Doodle Stitching is on my birthday/Mother's Day list! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to make a huge fabric map of the US. I'm afraid by the time I get to it, it will be for my grandchildren! As always, I'm lovin' your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate the originality of your items. Your crowns are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That invisible zipper tutorial is fantastic. I hadn't sewn anything in years, much less a zipper and I got in first try following that. I love the crowns, but I think the elephant one is my new favorite, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crowns are adorable.

    I've always liked the look of invisible zippers (though look and invisible used together seem to be an oxymoron), so I looked at the invisible zipper tutorial, it is very detailed. Perhaps I could be successful at installing one of those zippers by following Rachel's instructions as my last attempt to install one was a dismal failure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your crowns are beautiful! Will you do one for the royal wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doodle Stitching was one of the first embroidery books I picked up! Did you know she has a new one out now? http://www.amazon.com/Doodle-Stitching-Collection-Embroidery-Designs/dp/1600595812/ref=pd_sim_b_1

    p.s. love that elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crowns are adorable! I just love anything made with felt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to try an invisible zipper. Also, I just love the crowns. The little flag banner across the blue one is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!