Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Home from Market : :

I'm back from Salt Lake City! It was such a wonderful trip. I had big plans to blog & Instagram & post on Facebook while at the show, but it became such a beautiful whirlwind of catching up with old friends and making new, that each day I came up short. Just imagine being surrounded by that much creativity, by so many who share such similar goals as your own, who are both so full of passion and are so very generous to share their dreams with others. Market is overflowing with inspiration everywhere, and it's best to soak it in. So that's just what I did. Then yesterday, after a long day of traveling home I did something I never do, I went back to sleep after I saw the kiddos off to school. I woke up at eleven! I opened my eyes with a renewed perspective and a feeling of rejuvenation. While this was only my forth Quilt Market -- the first being a four-hour flurry, followed by three where I presented my fabrics, and although with each one it has felt new and very different in both good and disappointing ways, here's the thing about going to Market and getting away -- you end up returning home with exactly what you need to keep going & growing: Inspiration.

Nightfall -- Spring Quilt Market 2016

My booth design turned out exactly as I dreamt it would, but not without a few little mishaps along the way. I've learned by now that's to be expected and it's best to just stay focused, adjust when needed, and to keep working your vision. In the end, it told the Nightfall story I was hoping to convey and that felt truly magical!

Nightfall Logo

Nightfall Details

Nightfall Details

Nightfall Details

Nightfall Details

Just for today, I thought I'd start by sharing these photos that I took at the very end of set-up Thursday night. If you'd like to see and hear a little bit more about my booth design and Nightfall projects, you can view the video Art Gallery Fabrics shared live from the show on their Facebook page right HERE! You can also checkout the collection hashtag #NightfallFabrics on Instagram. I’m so grateful for this amazing opportunity. It was so good to get away but it's so great to be home! I'll be back soon with more to share!

XO Maureen

20 comments:

  1. LOVE your owl, thanks for sharing!
    cork@pa.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job!! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so Amazing and Inspiring! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your booth is awesome. love all the owls, especially the little dress
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy seeing your projects for Market as you post them but seeing them together like this, not just set up for a photo for the blog, makes them look amazing! The bags hanging ready to go out the door, quilts draped beautifully, those sweet dresses... You had a gorgeous booth!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a joy to see you in person; you are so genuine and creative. Your booth turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your booth and new fabric line! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your booth and hope you have sold many items and had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Maureen. It's absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait for Nightfall to ship out to us in August!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was an amazing booth. And your pillows, quilts, all the touches were inspired. It was just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your booth was absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful line and you did a great job conveying your idea.
    I have a technical question. How do you get all the things to quilt market? Do you drive with everything? Are things shipped? How does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful on every level. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You booth is just a-ma-zing! I'm surprised that you didn't get a ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your booth looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your article, I find it very well written and structured it changes because it not often get to see this kind of article.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything and wish I had been there. I really love your owl cushion. It's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what an awesome display of talent and ideas with "Nightfall" fabrics. I even love the name. awaiting your next projects with anticipation. Susie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!