Thursday, November 3, 2011

Felt Garland Holiday Pillow : :

This pillow was completely inspired by my love for garland. Using multicolored cuts of felt with scalloped edges and green ric rac to connect them, I whipped up this pillow thinking it’ll be the perfect decoration to welcome another year of handmade goodness!

Christmas Garland Pillow

The colors aren't traditional Christmas, but I think the overall colorful mix is perfect for celebrations or just brightening up a room, and can be used as decor beyond just the holidays.

Christmas Garland Pillow

The wool blend felt combined with cotton fabric make this pillow soft and cozy. I do like these two, very different pillows together as a set and paired with my new dollhouse pillow, too. Speaking of which...

Christmas Pillow set

I am working on some new! In all sorts of colors and designs. This one is very Fall! For those of you who do think I am crazy for being all about Christmas already, but are just too nice to say so. lol

House Pillow wip

I am also thinking of putting together a little tutorial for this Garland Holiday Pillow to share sometime in the next couple of weeks. What do you think? Anyone interested? : )

As part of Betz White's blog tour for her Craftsy.com Fab Felt Holiday Crafts Workshop, I'll be sharing one more Christmas project tomorrow -- a Scrappy Holiday Garland! I hope you stop back!!!

30 comments:

  1. Love that pillow Maureen! It's very mid-century looking...love the fun colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pillow! Such interesting color choices, I definitely wouldn't have thought of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE.

    Sorry to shout, but I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested!! would love to make a couple for gifts!! I love felt!! they are so colorful. love that little tree on the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these all Maureen! You have the best eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are darling, and perfect for holiday celebrations! :) The tutorial would be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see it...I am very interested plus I cannot wait to see the garland...I want a garland that I can string on the stairs that my cat won't eat!!!

    I love everything that you make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would love to see your tutorial. i love both of those pillows! and your fall "new" is so great! i love all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pillow, maureen! i love ric rack too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny - I re-pinned your pillows yesterday and didn't even know it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interested? YES! Love the pillows, especially the felt/rik-rac one x

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO adorable and well-made!! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely interested in a tutorial.
    LOVE your pillows!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so exciting. I am entirely obsessed with Christmas and the overall spirit of the holidays. I live in sunny SW Florida, and seeing these little projects makes me feel like I'm getting a good dose of the season! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love the simple garland pillow and since I have a healthy stash of felt, think I'll have to make a few! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your pillows...I've got lots of Christmas fabrics and scraps...and...a huge bag of assorted felt. My GO! cutter would even cut some of these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone! I will begin work on an easy tute next week with a more Christmas-y palette!

    Thanks for all your sweet words these last two days of Christmas pillows, I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it is very cute and I have tons of ric-rac laying around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable pillow, Maureen. Very clever idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love felt... your pillow turned out great! Thanks for sharing. AJ@queenofmynest

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and cosy pillow!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks beautiful and sooo "confy"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely interested in a tutorial! What type of felt do you use for the pillows?

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the pillow. would love a tutorial. lindagerig@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the pillow. would love a tutorial. lindagerig@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes please post a tutorial. Love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!