Thursday, October 27, 2011

New Pillows : :

Here I go bombarding you all with new pillow creations again. Well, I hope you don't mind! Besides more Birthday Crowns and my unfinished Halloween projects, it's all I have to share this week.

Last year this time, I remember being so busy making my felted dolls and dollhouses, preparing for my first festival and holiday orders. I am still hoping to have new felted items available this year, but had the urge after finishing up orders last night to whip up a sewn wool felt dollhouse pillow, just to see how it might come together??

Felt House Pillow

The roof-top is quilted, with a layer of batting, so it's nice and sturdy. I kept the details pretty simple and worked from mostly the scraps laying around, but had lots of fun imagining all the things I could add if this one actually turned out -- fabric shutters, little birdies, a cat, embroidered flowers, and more hand quilting...

Felt House Pillow

Wondering all the while why I haven't made one of these sooner?

Felt House Pillow

My kids gave me two thumbs up this morning and asked if we could keep this one. So, what do you think? Should I make more?

And, from my tutorial for my Quilted Stripes Pillow, I received a request to make two pillows in browns, greens, and cream.

Purple, Grey, and Yellow Strip Pillow

It's kind of funny having to follow your own directions. I'm glad I wrote those down. :)

green + brown + cream pillows

I was extra happy in the end, when they worked!

green + brown + cream pillows

Wishing you happy sewing and a wonderful Thursday!!!

p.s. There's a new fabric giveaway (here's a peek) happening tomorrow in celebration of International Quilt Market this weekend, please do stop back!

28 comments:

  1. Thanks Lo!!! I should add, the body is made to take a 12x12 insert and the roof top has enough body to stand on it's own without falling right over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dollhouse quilt is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen, it IS so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the little house is adorable--I think a bag of rice or some other weight would turn this into a great door stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! And what a great idea Duff offered! I was thinking along the lines of doors too, only a row of small to medium houses filled with rice (or something) to use as a door draft stopper. I can just see a bunch of houses in a row along a doorway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I love the stripe pillows! They could be used anywhere. And the house pillow is very sweet. A kid would love that in their room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that house! so darling a huggable looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyond perfection!!!!! Those are all just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Dollhouse pillow is adorable!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dollhouse pillow is very cute, indeed. That'd make a very cute bag to play with and store dolls, too.

    I can't take my eyes off of those green pillows, though. I've had your tute pinned for a while because I loved the look of the colours/piecing/embroidery - but with greens you've got me absolutley sold! Now I *must* make one or two very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's adorable! And the doorstopper idea is a great variation.
    Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pillow is so fun, a great idea to make more for the kids;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that is just too cute! It amazes me how you just whip something up. It would have taken me all day to make that pillow, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maureen I Love the Dollhouse Pillow!! I know what you mean about embellishing, one could just have a field day!! I'm back from a trip so I am excited to see what you have coming for the Holidays!!

    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little dollhouse is perfectly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute Dollhouse Pillow. Love that. And I'm really happy you followed your own directions on the stripey pillow so you could point us in the direction of that tutorial. You'd done that one prior to me finding your blog so I hadn't seen it before. I really like the stripey pillow. It looks great. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the house pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Geez Maureen, everything you make is so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maureen - your pillows are fantastic. The dollhouse pillow is adorable and the green/brown pillow would go perfect on my couch (lol)! AJ@queenofmynest

    ReplyDelete
  20. The dollhouse pillow is sooo cute!

    And the quilted stripes pillow is beautiful with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the house pillow! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    those are...I have no words!!!!
    the little house is soooooooooooo beautiful!!!! but...i do love the others too!!!!
    you're soooo talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The dollhouse pillow is so sweet, Maureen. My girls would love this. You should definitely make more.

    I hadn't seen the Quilted Stripes Pillow. Gorgeous! Pinning now :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maureen, you can definitely start a business for selling pillows! Your designs are completely charming, especially the dollhouse pillow! I'm sure your kids enjoyed playing with that one, and I suggest you make even more to sell! Believe me, you'd do pretty well at it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!