Sunday, February 13, 2011

Better than flowers : :

Since March when I began to sew, my husband has learned when it comes to gift giving that unless it is something from here, I would much, much rather be receiving fabrics than flowers. So...

Happy Valentine's Day to me!!!
Valentine's Day Fabrics
All of these beauties are from Quilt Home, one of my very favorite places to shop fabrics! Since my fabric stash is very lacking in purples, when I spotted Kate Spain's Central Park I put it on my must have list right away -- there is not a print I do not like in the entire collection, so I thought this was a good start. The top fabric is an Amy Butler print that I thought matched up well and would bring in some more of that wonderful shade of blue.
Kate Spain + 1 Amy Butler
I always try to pick up a little of Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks Voile here and there when I can. I still do not have the complete collection, but will hopefully soon.
More Voile
The voile is going to be paired with these Folksy Flannels to make one or two baby blankets. It is such a beautiful quality flannel.
Folksy Flannels
And finally, a couple Good Folk prints, too -- right there in the center. This collection I am always re-stocking. I don't want to think of the day when I don't have any!
Good Folks Center
One of the very best things about shopping at Quilt home is their specials section -- the deals there change daily and always include a fantastic price on a print on my list. It's wonderful, but dangerous too! Thank God for holidays!

14 comments:

  1. By far the best gift!! thanks for the eye candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to quilt home, I have never shopped there before. Their sales are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are a lucky lady!!! He must love you lots and lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a true gift of love and appreciation. Happiness to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics! I've never shopped at Quilt Home. I'll have to check it out! Fabric is definitely better than flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely better than flowers! :-) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaaah.... Good Folks. I wonder if her new collection this spring will be as good?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection of fabric. I loved the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous fabrics, thanks for sharing them, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never fallen head-over-heels for a fabric line until Central Park... isn't it awesome?! Happy Valentine's Day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh! lucky girl!! That is definitely the best gift! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you! I just found your blog from the photo here that was listed in the "good folks" group page on flickr. I'm now a follower of your blog. It's good to know others can be so happy about AMH fabric. I'm pretty much obsessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha - I've forwarded this to my husband, who claims I'm difficult to shop for. Fabric, of course! Blog looks great. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!