Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Luminous Field Flowers : :

Today on my table is fun project idea I have for my Quilt Market booth using my GO! Baby fabric cutter, an assortment of Accuquilt's amazing flower dies, and a collection of my wool felt in colors inspired by my Wild & Free Luminous Field print!

Felt Flower Making
Luminous Field Inspired

I love making felt flowers, and during these busy Quilt Market prep days where I'm behind my sewing machine for hours on end, it's so nice to disrupt the routine with a handcrafted project!

Felt flowers

I hope to create several wildflower felt crowns & floral arrangements to have in my booth. For a little bit of picture taking fun & because of the obvious, no watering needed!! Love that! Since felt flowers do last forever, in addition to some of the Wild & Free quilts and pillows I've created, these will make one more perfect keepsake for me to have to remember this first fabric collection experience! 

Untitled

Luminous Field Inspired



On my table

Since I'm such a fan of my GO! Baby Fabric Cutter, my friends at Accuquilt asked me to share their current sweepstakes! Prizes include their brand new GO! Big Electric Fabric Cutter and FIVE GO! Big dies!!

AQ-Sweeps-Big-275x200-MaureenCracknell-1409

Enter by simply clicking on the image above and filling out the entry form, which includes just your name and email address, before midnight CST on Sunday October 5, 2014. There is no cost to register or enter. The winner will be drawn at random and announced on Monday October 13, 2014!

Good luck & happy sewing!   Maureen

27 comments:

  1. Boy I hope I am the lucky winner..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this fabric and think it would make a wonderful back for a quilt I am working on. It's just so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. USA / Canadian residents only ... good luck you guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bummer, I didn't realize! I'll edit the info above, thanks!

      Delete
  4. ADORE! How do you create your darling felt roses? I LOVE THEM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could share a tutorial some time if I ever have time, haha, but if you look on Pinterest I'm sure there are already lots and lots to choose from!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your fabric! It is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creativity astounds me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been on my wishlist for a long time :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super novel. I'm sure it will all come together nicely. Thanks for the link to the sweeps! Now I'm all inundated with AccuQuilt stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just checked and UK residents not eligible :( sob sob

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a go Baby and just hauled it out, dusted it off and made some appliques for a baby shower onesie station :) They really are fun and quick to use. Love it. And, i LOVE your felt flowers. Do you show how to make those anywhere on your site? I'd love to make some for presents for the shower and for christmas. Thanks for all that you share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! I've been wanting to try this die cutter! Super cool fabric line! I've loved all the previews I've seen on this. I cannot wait to make something with it when it comes out. Wonderful job!! Your blog is so inspirational to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooooo those colors! Your booth is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so pretty. I would love to have one of the Accuquilt machines. ..it would make a lot of things easier. I really like the colors and everything you made with them.
    Love your blog and will check out the give away.
    tomdcranford@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never thought to use this machine for cutting felt shapes. Great idea, they're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh no, it's for US and Canada residents only! :0( Love the felt flowers, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what fun! I love your wildflowers and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Maureen! I never thought to use my accuquilt for felt flowers despite having the die. Do you cut one layer thick? Does it get stuck in the blade area or dull the blade in your experience? Thanks! Btw, I am so ancy waiting for Wild& Free to come out. I haven't been this excited about a line of fabric since Dandelion Girl by Fig Tree or Marmalade by Bonnie & Camille. I'm going to get a ton so I can make clothes & home decor things w/it. My 12 yr old loves the arrow print & has already claimed a fitted & flared maxi skirt out of it. The line colors are *perfect* for Fall fashion she says. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute idea! I use my Sizzix for cutting out flowers (sorry, I know they're the enemy ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope long life to your site. Above all, never be discouraged

    voyance gratuite par mail rapide

    ReplyDelete
  20. An innovative new website called RemarkTime effortlessly combines the power of social engagement with the skill of keeping a personal notebook. It acts as a virtual haven for anyone looking for a place to record their ideas, journeys, and insights.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!