Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Inspiration : :

Green + Brown + Red + Navy

Color Inspiration


Using these lovely colors, I put together a new owl pillow design!

owl pillow

I love projects that combine beautiful fabric, soft felt, and just a little hand stitching!

owl pillow cover

I'm still playing around with the design and am already planning to make more for my shop. I just ordered a gorgeous bundle of this Hugs and Kisses print from my sponsor Moona Fabrics. I can't wait for them to arrive so I can get busy!

Owl Pillows

This pink owl cushion is my daughters...trust me the last thing this little one needs is another pillow! But we made this one together while our guys were gone for a boys movie night. She was sooo excited! She picked all the fabrics, helped cut, and of course controlled the sewing machine pedal until it was finished. I did the hand-stitching while she sang me Patty Griffin songs and "folded" my fabrics.

owl pillow

Last weeks Tuesday Inspiration was all about Aqua, Coral, Grey, and Yellow. I was hoping to have my project using the fabrics I shared complete by now, but I'm a bit stuck? I'd love your thoughts on this... Do you think I should continue with a table runner (which is my original plan, the yellow is the center for my favorite vase)? Or, I could make this into a throw/lap quilt for our very old, very loved, very bare Windsor rocking chair?

not sure? beginnings of a table runner or quilt...maybe?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! And now, I'm off to re-fold some fabrics!

15 comments:

  1. Oooh, it's a toss-up. Do you set your table enough for a runner to be worthwhile? If not, I'd do with the lap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the owly pillow and the one one behind it! i think a throw for the rocking chair would be great with that design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the owl colors! They look great! And my vote is for a throw.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know Patty Griffin is one of my favorite all time musicians? Her "Impossible Dream" album just about got me through college :) Lovely fall colors bts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, "bts" should have been "btw." Looks like I need to work on my typing after being MIA from blogland this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you make some of the cutest pillows around. and i love getting new fabric. it is a true highlight in my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love the colours. So pretty, especially the teal with the white twines (what is it?). I think I'd prefer it as a throw. Keep us informed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a toss-up because BOTH ideas would be so lovely! I agree with Paige- if you think you'd get a lot of use out of it as a runner then go for it, but I don't think you can ever have too many quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pillow is gorgeous! It's it great what we can make from a few inspirational colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the owls!

    With winter approaching, I'd probably vote lap quilt -- nice to snuggle under on a chilly day. But the table runner would be great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would be beautiful for either purpose! And I love the owl, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the owl pillows!! Their eyelashes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. See, you have fall projects coming out your ears without even trying! Oh dear, I think I'm having sewing withdrawals from all of this Celebrate Color planning.

    Back to you - LOVE the owls. Also, that long pillow behind them is super cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!