Monday, June 28, 2010

Sweet Stitching : :

This past weekend the kids and I went to the sweetest little girl birthday party. It was a butterfly theme with  many handmade touches and I thought I would share some of my handmade contributions.

First, this tablecloth made from an old duvet cover. I removed the cotton sashing, sewed the the squares together to create a patchwork design, made sure the embroidered "S" was in the center (perfect for Sophie - the birthday girl), and used the reverse side of the duvet to make a border along the four sides of the tablecloth. It worked beautifully for her party's theme and will make a great summer picnic blanket.
I didn't get the greatest pictures, but this fabric bunting turned out to be such a wonderful and quick project, I have to share what I have with hopes that many of you will find it useful.
I first saw this scalloped fabric garland tutorial while visiting Sew, Mama, Sew! and knew it would be perfect! I didn't bother downloading the garland template PDF because it all seemed a little small to me. Instead I made a half circle pattern of my own by tracing half way around an 8" wooden embroidery hoop. And had myself an afternoon fabric bunting picnic, with the Avett Brother's playing, right here on my living room floor. Ah, Bliss.
It only took about 1 hour from start to finish. It was the picture taking that was the challenge. How does one take a picture of something 3 yards long, with an AWFUL camera?

I tried inside...Ack!
And then outside...Yikes!
Which explains why I used the "scalloped fabric garland" photo from Sew, Mama, Sew!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Special thanks to Patty @ My Life Under the Bus for picking my name to win her Summer Giveaway!, to Kobie @ Chic Girl Designs for featuring my Dottie Owl Doll on her blog, and to Laura @ Curry Kay Designs for featuring my owl embroidered pillow on her blog. I've been on a winning streak lately --- fingers crossed I win the 2010 HGTV Green Home tonight! : )

19 comments:

  1. wow, it turned out beautifully! even if the camera doesn't show that too well :)

    i found your blog through the etsy forums, have a great day!

    katie
    http://www.kateandoli.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I couldn't have done any better with the photos either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!! what a great creation! I want one for my bday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! lovely! lovely!! You did a great job! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wonderful job!!! I absolutely love the garland, what a wonderful handmade touch! Looks like a fun project and way cuter than the $1 streamers I always buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL OK -

    A. I thought I was winning the Green Home !
    B. LOVE that table cloth !!!
    C. The outside picture is very cute.
    D. So is the garland.
    E. Thanks for the mention - your goodies are on their way : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok

    A. I thought I was going to win that Green Home !
    B. LOVE that table cloth !!
    C. The outdoor garland picture is cute !
    D. So is the garland.
    E. Thanks for the mention ! Your goodies are on their way : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok

    A. I thought I was going to win that Green Home !
    B. LOVE that table cloth !!
    C. The outdoor garland picture is cute !
    D. So is the garland.
    E. Thanks for the mention ! Your goodies are on their way : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's very creative! You did an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tablecloth, how inventive. T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the scalloped bunting! so much cuter than the triangular that you see most often. I may have to try this for my booth... : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tablecloth is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great ideas...it all turned out very beautifully! AND you listen to the avett brothers...sigh...i heart you maureen :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Tablecloth! I love how your Garland turned out. Your outside photo is amazing...what a great view you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautiful! I've been wanting to make one of these myself. I love buntings!

    ~V~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haloo pak^^

    Kami dari SENTANAPOKER ingin menawarkan pak^^

    Untuk saat ini kami menerima Deposit Melalui Pulsa ya pak.

    *untuk minimal deposit 10ribu
    *untuk minimal Withdraw 25ribu

    *untuk deposit pulsa kami menerima provider
    -XL
    -Telkomsel


    untuk bonus yang kami miliki kami memiliki
    *bonus cashback 0,5%
    *bunus refferal 20%
    *bonus gebiar bulanan (N-max,samsung Note 10+,Iphone xr 64G,camera go pro 7hero,Apple airpods 2 ,dan freechips)

    Daftar Langsung Di:

    SENTANAPOKER

    Kontak Kami;

    WA : +855 9647 76509
    Line : SentanaPoker
    Wechat : SentanaPokerLivechat Sentanapoker

    Proses deposit dan withdraw tercepat bisa anda rasakan jika bermain di Sentanapoker. So… ? tunggu apa lagi ? Mari bergabung dengan kami. Pelayanan CS yang ramah dan Proffesional dan pastinya sangat aman juga bisa anda dapatkan di Sentanapoker.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!