Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Love Story Canvas & Patchwork : :

Today I have a new Love Story canvas and quilted patchwork tote bag to show you...

AGF Denim Handles

Love Story Canvas and Patchwork Tote Bag

I made this project up as I sewed, so I don't have a pattern to share just yet. I was looking for a way to use up my single piece of Love Story canvas Daring Tribal Noir strike off, a fabric swatch measuring around 14" x 33," and my tiny patches of Love Story quilting cotton strike off scraps. What I ended up with is this pretty simple, basic tote bag with a deep front and back quilted patchwork pocket featuring tiny Love Story patchwork squares.  Rusty red, heavyweight AGF Denim for the handles. Fully lined with a lightweight, dark solid smooth AGF cotton denim.  A finished tote made with lots of LOVE, that measures approximately 12" x 16," that I'm pretty happy with! I'll definitely give this bag pattern another go, when I get a chance, with hopes of sharing a tutorial with you all!

Love Story Canvas and Patchwork

Quilted Patchwork Pocket

A Love Story Patchwork Pocket

Love Story & Denim

Just a reminder that the fabrics used here are my upcoming collection with Art Gallery Fabrics, Love Story. This collection ships in November, which is coming fast! I've been busy stitching up lookbook samples using my strike offs while I wait for my advanced yardage to arrive, which should be very soon. I'm working ahead these days because I'll have a brand new collection to share with all of you at International Quilt Market next month, I can't wait! These days are busy and I've been so inspired to sew with these new fabrics. Let me know if you're interested in making a tote bag with me and I'll see what I can do!

xo Maureen

14 comments:

  1. Love the project! Love the fabrics, and so anxious to see these up close and personal. I love your teeny little squares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne! This collection is so fun to sew with and this canvas is my favorite yet! I can't wait to make canvas pillow covers for our sofa once I have my yardage.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi! You are the sewing bag and accessory Queen so that means a lot!

      Delete
  3. I love how it turned out! Just wonderful! A tutorial would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is so darling! What a beautiful use of precious scraps and the lovely AGF Denims! I would definitely be interested in a sew-along or tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love patches. these bags are delightful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this bag! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tutorial about this tote would be gorgous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog provides readers with a greater understanding of the current issues in Canadian healthcare. Thank you for the interesting read.

    ReplyDelete

  9. shareit apk download
    shareit downloads
    download shareit
    download shareit apk
    People who decide to give SHAREit a try will find out that the app can basically share anything starting with basic pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A heartfelt congratulations on a fantastic topic and a fantastic blog!!! camera binnen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!