Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Nightfall LookBook // Garments & Bags : :

I hope you enjoyed yesterday's peek at some of my favorite Nightfall quilt projects! Today I want to continue showcasing some Nightfall sewing ideas with the spotlight on all the amazing, inspirational garments and bags that were created for the LookBook. These makers have all amazed me with their talents, not just from what each of them has made, but equally with how they all were able to capture the soul of this collection, from the special details of their work to the extraordinary photography!

Nightfall is here!

Art Gallery Fabrics quilting cottons are famous for their unique feel and drape, extending their use far beyond the pillows and quilts I love to make, to being an amazing substrate for all kinds of garment making!

In addition to the twenty Nightfall quilting cottons, are four high quality knits that are perfect for mixing and matching into simple and stylish fashions, in prints chosen from my Nightfall designs that are just perfect for casual tees, sweet dresses, skirts, and more!

My eggplant moon phase print, Lunation in Dark was chosen to be my sole Nightfall Voile. This favorite pattern of mine strikes a balance between powerful and pretty and is printed on the most buttery-soft, gorgeous voile to be used in a full range of sewing projects from wearables to quilts!

For my single canvas Nightfall print we chose my magical forest, Mystical Woods in Solar print. It's subtle & sweet with it's peachy-pink coloring, but sophisticated and fun, too! The scale and more heavy-duty weight of this fabric makes it perfect for bag making, fashion, and home décor. I'm most excited about the bags!!

Nightfall for Garments!

Below are some stunning examples from the Nightfall LookBook of how these fabrics can be used to create amazing clothing!

Ali Brorsen of Because of Brenna, who specialized in children's clothing, created several truly magical Nightfall dresses using Violet Field Thread patterns and a variety of quilting cottons and knits. You can find direct links for recreating these gorgeous looks throughout the LookBook!

Because of Brenna

Nightfall Look Book

The AGF Studio did an amazing job making adult sized garments using a collection of quilting cottons, knits, and voile for the LookBook! These patterns and photos are so perfectly Nightfall!

Nightfall Moon Stories Knit

Nightfall Garments Knit & Voile

Alexis Wright of My Sweet Sunshine always creates amazing, unique handmade clothing. She completely stunned me with the dramatic Bird of Night owl skirt on this Violet Field Threads Madison Maxi Dress! Her littler dresses are so adorable and showcase perfectly the sweeter side of Nightfall.

My Sweet Sunshine

Nightfall Garments My Sweet Sunshine

Katie Skoog of the Simple Life Pattern Company completely outdid herself by creating four different Nightfall looks for my Spring Quilt Market booth and the LookBook, including a detailed herringbone and paper-pieced butterfly bodice for two of these amazing dresses! All of these beautiful SLPCO patterns can be found, HERE!

Nightfall Garments SLPCO

Jessica Stewart of Izzy & Ivy Designs made two adorable outfits, including this creative Emary Dress embellished with phases of the moon applique to perfectly fit my night-themed collection!

Nightfall Garments Izzy & Ivy Designs

Can you believe that there's still more garments left to see in the LookBook! I'm telling you, it's packed full of Nightfall sewing ideas, including some amazing bags like this super cute Bunny Backpack!

Bunny Backpack in Nightfall

Nightfall Bags!

Thank you so much for stopping by to see more of my Nightfall LookBook today! Friday I have a new quilt top to share featuring Nightfall and Playground fabrics, so be sure to stop back! I plan to put together a tutorial for this new one as my next Janome project, I can't wait to show you!!

♡ Maureen  

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love me some dragonfly and it is hard to find in a non juvenile pattern. Thanks for your creativity and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love me some dragonfly and it is hard to find in a non juvenile pattern. Thanks for your creativity and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses and bags are so cute! The ones for the little girls are beautiful and my granddaughter would be so happy to be able to wear something like that. The adult dresses are gorgeous and I would love to wear something like that in those patterns and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS fabric collections and so many Beautiful dresses!!! Thank you for including me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say except another winning fabric collection, from a very talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet they all are! Fabulous collection Maureen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!