Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hello, Ollie!

Sometimes a new fabric collection arrives at my door and it's so good, I have to cut into it right away! That was the case with AGF designer Bonnie Christine's newest collection, Hello, Ollie! This is the very first Art Gallery Fabrics certified organic cotton fabric collection and the quality is absolutely amazing! These truly are the softest, most luxurious organic fabrics I have ever used. It's so exciting!

Hello, Ollie by Bonnie Christine

My favorite Hello, Ollie print is Dabbling Swan, which I set aside to admire a little longer with a different project in mind. For the remaining, beautiful eighteen prints, full of sweet feathered creatures and garden blooms, I couldn't wait to see them come together in a pretty, patchwork project!

It's been awhile since I've had the time to begin a new quilt top, and I definitely didn't want to start one only to struggle to find the sewing time needed to see it progress. After a little thought, I quickly settled on making an hour glass quilt. The "make four at a time" method I've always used for making hour glass quilt blocks produces fast results, and in no time I had all the blocks needed for a generous throw size quilt top!

Hello, Ollie Hourglass WIP

These hour glass quilt blocks began with a stack of  7" charms squares,

Hello, Ollie Charm Squares

sewn together into four-patch quilt blocks,

Hello, Ollie Four Patch Blocks

and after a little more sewing & cutting, emerged sixty-four 9" hour glass blocks!

Hello, Ollie Quilt Blocks

Hello, Ollie Quilt Blocks

Now, all that's left to do is arrange them into a harmonious pattern and to sew them together. I can't wait to see this finished and to share it here just as soon as it's done!

You can find Hello, Ollie available soon at Fat Quarter Shop, Llama Fabrics, Lady Belle Fabric, and The Intrepid Thread!

♡ Maureen  

17 comments:

  1. I love it too, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! And what is the 4-at-a-time hourglass technique? I know how to make 2 at a time (the HST way) but not 4 at a time using a 4 patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I show how in my pillow tutorial here -- http://thermoweb.com/blog/maureen-holiday-quilted-pillow-tutorial/

      Delete
    2. Can't wait to see the finished beautiful quilt

      Delete
  3. Love, Love, Love this new fabric line! janicelashley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these fabrics together! Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,yummiest fabric line.Can´t wait to see your quilt finished.Go you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for reposting your tutorial link in the comments - its nice to see how the different fabrics change the vibe when using the same block. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the choice of fabric and designs. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning! My bundle is on it's way from the Fat Quarter Shop! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo ! Votre blog est l'un des meilleurs que j'ai vu !
    voyance par mail rapide

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little fabric designs. Cute cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!