Tuesday, April 19, 2016

HST Pillow Set : :

I decided to finish last week's Nightfall & HST blocks into a set of pillows!

Nightfall HST Pillow Set

For a minute I considered making two more blocks to add to the pair I had already finished. This pattern would certainly make a beautiful & eye-catching center for a new quilt! Since each of the blocks I made contains just six 3" squares of my Nightfall prints to thirty HST's, I was concerned the prints would get lost in the sea of half square triangles, and so pillows were the perfect choice to keep the focus on the prints!

Nightfall Pillows ~ Bound in Denim

These pillows are for Quilt Market next month in Salt Lake, where I'll showcase my new fabric collection Nightfall, due in stores this August!

Nightfall HST Pillows X's II

The HST's are made using Art Gallery Pure Element solids in some of the colors I picked for the new line ~ peachy pink, moody blues, aqua, navy, yellow, and eggplant.

Nightfall HST Pillow

In addition to all these solid quilting cottons, I'm really loving the combination of Nightfall with AGF's new line of denim! The colors of this collection work so perfectly with all of the solid smooth denims. I don't think there has been a single project that I've made for Quilt Market since they arrived that didn't incorporate denim in some way!

Nightfall Pillows for Quilt Market

For this set of pillows I added a narrow border of linen to each block to bump the size up to finish for 20" pillow forms. I backed each pillow in the heavier weight Evergreen Slate and for the binding I used a lighter weight, the darkest shade of the solid smooth, Wicked Sky. This color and Cool Foliage are my current competing favorites! If you plan to buy Nightfall, I highly recommend you stash some of these denim colors, too!

Nightfall Pillow Set

I can't wait to see these pillows in my booth at Market in just a few weeks! I finalized my big plans last week and now I just have to get everything made! The sewing project on my to-make list for today is inspired by my dragonfly Nox Iridescence print, I hope to be back tomorrow with it all finished & photographed to share!

Nightfall Pillows

Happy sewing! ♡ Maureen

24 comments:

  1. These are mesmerizing. I can't wait to see pictures of your booth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, I love the new fabrics, especially the dragon flies. You seem to work so fast. Things take me forever. What is your secret? I've tried doing all the cutting for a couple of projects at once, then chaining, but I'm slow if I want them to all fit together in the end. It might be fear of messing up fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's interesting, I've been so busy with the kids/family stuff that I've cut way back on my sewing this year. I have maybe half the time I used to have! I think using quilt as you go for a good number of my projects really helps! I also use every shortcut method for piecing that I have learned. Having a great machine certainly helps, too! I think I just decide what I'm going to make and I work as fast as I can until it's done! Haha

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! And they fit so perfectly on your bench. I'm just curious how you constructed your pillows, are they zippered? Envelope back? If you have a favorite tutorial or method you could point to, that would be great, I really like the edging one these. Well done, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use an envelope style back with bound edges for these pillow backs. It's fast and I like the way it looks most of all! Each of the pillow tutorials I have shared over the years should include instructions for envelope backs. :)

      Delete
  4. I had also thought this pattern would make a beautiful center for a quilt but the pillows are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love how these pillows turned out! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously can't wait to buy this fabric! First I'll take it out and pet it every single day, maybe more than once a day! Then, when I can't wait any longer I'll cut it up and sew it into a quilt for ME! (And I think I need these pillows too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maureen, Those are AMAZING!!!!! So Beautiful, Great Job! and I can't wait to purchase Nightfall, The colors are exactly what I am going to make my next quilt out of. Are you coming out with Nightfall in Jelly Rolls??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how these look together! Very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! You do such wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing when you find a good content in today's internet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the site and all content.
    Congratulations and thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this article

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!