Monday, July 7, 2014

A Making Plans Day : :

We returned back home to Pennsylvania from our busy weekend away to a welcomed relaxed & rainy Monday. I had hoped to photograph my newly finished Friendship Diamond Quilt with Kevin's help, but that will have to wait for a sunnier day. Instead I'm pleased to be making quilt plans for some amazing new collections that recently arrived.

Growth Quilt Beginnings

Indelible is the first fabric collection by designer Katarina Rocella for Art Gallery Fabrics. It's full of graphic text and nature themed prints in a bold, colorful range of deep purple, ash, bright turquoise, pumpkin, and gold. I love both the colors and each print that makes up this collection so much! I've started with just a quick sketch and one stitched up quilt block that might just be the first piece to the center of a medallion style quilt for me to freely build upon in the Summer weeks ahead!

Indelible Plans

Quick Sketch

Indelible Scraps!

These colors!

I also opened, with so much excitement, an anticipated box from AGF designer Bari J! Inside was Emmy Grace, her new whimsical & sweet collection that was so thoughtfully inspired by her daughters. I know just what these will become and can't wait to dive in!

Emmy Grace by Bari J.

Happy Monday & sewing to all of you!

Maureen

25 comments:

  1. Really beautiful collections -- but I never know HOW beautiful until I see what you do with them. You bring out the best in every collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I'm already excited to see this Indelible quilt you've started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've never done a test block before, but this piecing is kinda tricky and might need some work yet. I love my idea for Indelible and will hopefully make it work! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. You are definitely showing that collection to it's best advantage! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's pretty edgy and I do love the project contrast I have going on right now. It's going to be fun to bounce around these different projects when sewing time presents itself in the busy Summer weeks. Hopefully by Fall I'll have some closely finished quilt tops!

      Delete
  4. That block is amazing! And the colours looks fab can't wait to see more of it. Did you follow a method for the block? If so can you point us to a tut or book? I can never figure that sort of thing out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becky! This block is just another one that I am making up as I go. It didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, and so I plan to try one more time to get it right.

      Delete
  5. Anxious to see the pics of your completed Friendship Diamond Quilt, the pieced top looked just beautiful! Loving the quilt you started with the Indelible fabrics, it's gonna be a beauty! Thank you for sharing and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabrics and your block. Looking forward to see what you will create.

    tushay3(at)yahoo(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few weeks ago I bought about 10 fat quarters and some yardage of Emma Grace. I just loved the fabric, but haven't a clue what I will do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maureen! Your NEW idea and that block are very inspiring and exciting! Those Fabrics and colours are perfect for that! Beautiful bundle also waiting for the next Project! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love those two lines of fabric! I was looking at using one from each line to complete a quilt that is pieced and embroidered squares. I love the look of your combinations so far. I can't wait to see the finished quilts! You do such marvelous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This block is so unique. Very inspiring! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. The diamonds bring out the geometrics in the prints...you do such astonishing work with every collection.
    I cant wait to preview more of your ideas w/this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This Indelible line is beautiful. Can I say I'm jealous - in a positive sort of way?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This block is stunning it's so different I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see what everyone makes with Indelible. I find the collection very striking. I also like most of Emmy Grace (just not the ones in which Emmy Grace is featured - I know I am in the absolute minority on that one - HA!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Monday to you too... gotta go shop..you sold me.. OH, gotta tell ya, I have been EPP and my Thumb tissue has swollen, LOL, the Dr. said it has fever.. I cant get a break ! I didnt even go to the Dr. for that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the color scheme, and how you're putting it together is making my FB page so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks to you, I learned many interesting things. I hope to learn more. I congratulate you for these wonderful shares. Keep it up!

    voyance gratuite par mail ; voyance par mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, love both prints. You just keep bringing it! Thanks for sharing your creativity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!