Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Plans : :

Today begins a first full week since before the holidays of school, work, and finally a revisit to our regular routine. Which for me, means that I will no longer have to scramble to finish up etsy orders during the sewing time I find and that I can finally focus some real energy on new quilty projects!  

Last Wednesday on my one and only free sewing day of the week, I accomplished exactly half of my Minimalista quilt top. I'm using the full collection in fat quarter cuts combined with coordinating Pure solids in Coral Reef, Honey, Cozumel Blue, and Ash. I had hoped to write up instructions for my quick pattern sketch as I went along, but things didn't come together as easily as I envisioned. I am really pleased with how it looks so far, but it involved a bit of tweaking to get it there!

Halfway there!

I love how Art Gallery fabrics quilt up, especially combined with Aurifil! You might have noticed!!

Aurifil for Minimalista!

Minimalista Quilted

With my Watermelon and Honeycomb panels complete, this week I plan to cut into the Noir and Turquoise colorways with high hopes up finishing up to share by this Thursday or early next week at the very latest!

Noir & Turquoise

But first, I'm super excited to work my Fat Quarter Shop Blogger bundle into something special! I LOVE color, but these colors are so, very me! If you'd like to take a closer look, be sure to visit the Fat Quarter Shop!

My Blogger's Choice FSQ Bundle!

I'm off to jump in... Everyone have a wonderful Monday!

Maureen 

24 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are awesome!
    I can't wait to see what you make with the Noir and Turquise you have a skill I wish I had,
    I just cannot get the lines straight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coral and honey yellow together is very pretty. Makes me think of Spring!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look Springy but that will change once the black & turquoise are added! I love how fresh and modern this collection is. :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in is pack. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm... great plans! this quilt top seems lovely. are you doing the quilt as you go method here??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so lve the minimalista collection! Your quilt looks good so far. Are you doing it Quilt as you go?

    ReplyDelete
  8. it says not found when I use the link

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's not working now, but I can't find it anywhere else in the shop. It was working last I shared it, so maybe they are just all sold out? I've emailed them and am waiting to hear back.

      Delete
    2. Here it is in the Fat Quarter Shop! http://www.fatquartershop.com/maureen-cracknells-bloggers-choice-fat-quarter-bundle

      Delete
  9. I'm always amazed by how much you get done, Maureen, even when time is tight! Everything is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! It looks like a fun quilt so far. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like another great quilt...can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've looked everywhere on the Fat Quarter Shop website and I can't find this bundle for sale at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is in the Fat Quarter Shop! http://www.fatquartershop.com/maureen-cracknells-bloggers-choice-fat-quarter-bundle

      Delete
  13. Congratulations Maureen! I just read this post about your quilt on the cover of a UK quilt magazine! That's awesome!!! http://lilysquilts.blogspot.com/2014/01/love-quilting-and-patchwork-magazine.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is the backing for the quilted squares?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great, your work is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing, and I will continue to follow you and see the amazing quilt when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pattern! I did a similar take on HST with strips on one of my patterns. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waiting (not so) patiently to see your finished top. I also bought this minimalista fabric (it arrived the same day that I read this post on your blog) and am waiting to cut into it until I see your quilt in all it's glory, in case I change my mind about what I want to make with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!