Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ruby Star Wrapping : :

Have you seen that the ridiculously talented and adorable Melody Miller and Allison Tannery have a new book? Oh yeah! Ruby Star Wrapping : : Creating Packaging to Reuse, Regive, and Relove! My friend Sukie is hosting a Wrap-Along and I absolutely could not resist joining in the fun!

Ruby Star Wrapping

Melody has a wonderful post all about her new book here, on her blog Ruby Star Rising. Through so many fun and thoughtful projects, this book teaching you that super creative, thrifty and frugal, easy-to-make Anthro gift giving style that I just love! Last year I spent a small fortune on wrapping paper, tags, and ribbons, thinking I could use them to dress up those special handmade gifts. Well, this book really has it all! All those unique and beautiful ideas for gift giving that I find so special and lovely! And what's really, really awesome -- it shows you how to do just that by re-purposing and recycling many items that we all have or have access to!

Ruby Star Wrap-Along

When I joined in the wrap-along, my first choice project was to create a handy tote bag out of an old button down shirt. So, that's what I'll be doing for when it's my date to share in December! I have just the shirt, and a few dozen others, in mind that I think will be perfect!!

Ruby Star Wrapping -- Button ~ Down Shirt Bag

You can find all the details, prize info, and the list of talented blogger's participating in the Wrap-Along in Sukies post right here! To be ready to join in the wrap-along and contest, you can pick up the Ruby Star Wrapping book at Roostbooks, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Random House.

But first, be sure to visit Sukie for a chance to win one in her Giveaway!!

ruby star wrapping books
photo by Sukie


ruby star wrapping buttonI'm adding my Ruby Star Wrap-Along button to my sidebar and I really, really hope you all follow along, join the flickr group, and the link-up party!! You'll have a chance to win some really great prizes, and Sew, Mama, Sew will also have a link-up party at the end of Wrap-along on their site so you’ll have twice the chance of winning something fun!

Don't forget to enter Sukie's Giveaway for a chance to win this amazing book!!

Happy Halloween, friends!  Maureen

10 comments:

Sandra :) said...

I have the book - it's magnficent! I'm doing the wrap along too - I can't wait :D

Anna said...

(sigh) so many talented women in the world! isn't it wonderful! I always love when a gift is wrapped prettier than what is inside.

Cynthia Taylor said...

oh this looks like an amazing book!! I can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for link!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Be sure to enter the giveaway!! You will love this book, I promise you!!

Karen McCormick said...

Seems to be quite interesting. I'd love to review it.

Annette said...

This sounds like a fun book. I'll have to check it out.

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

Id love some creative ideas for wrapping!

Dan said...

If I will wrap my gifts this way they will more valuable than the gift itself... Love your book

Jacey said...

I actually received a copy of the book at market, and made the little apron this week. SO fun! I intend to make ALL the things. I think the elephant pillow will be my next project!

Swedish Scrapper said...

Oh my gosh, have you Seen how gifts are wrapped in Japan? If this is anythong like that, but repurposed, I'm in Heaven. I just wonder if I can squeak this sew along in with the others I am trying to keep up with!? :P