Thursday, February 23, 2012

This Week : :

Did this week go by fast for you, too? Holy smokes, it's Thursday already! I spent most of my sewing time this week working on etsy orders, all new versions of items I've already shared here. So today I thought I'd share a few of my favorite photos from the week --

Stitching with Stitch!

Stitch

Have you seen Betz White's new fabric line Stitch? It's GOTS certified organic and was completely inspired by her love of handwork. It's so lovely and is available in the shop of my sponsor Fat Quarter Shop. I'll be sharing more of this project, along with a Stitch giveaway, soon!

Stitch

Playing with Lily!

Playing with Lily

She's either serious, silly, or sleeping. Look at those beautiful blue eyes!

Lily -- so serious!

Vintage finds! More Pyrex --

new pyrex

And, I love the color of this large enamel bowl. I found these two on Monday along with my new quilt.

orange enamelware

Thank you all so much for the thrifted quilt help, and for having a good laugh with me on my poor husband's behalf. He thought it was hilarious and I even put together a few more just for him that I may just have to share here, too! Maybe we should all make one and have a linky party or something? A Handmade Husband (or partner) day! It would be so funny!

Be sure to stop back tomorrow for my Poetica giveaway! I wish you all a wonderful day!!

21 comments:

  1. I love these kinds of posts......a little bit of everything! Great pyrex finds too :) I've been working with Birch Organics lately.....LOVE organic fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cat is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for that giveaway tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the preview of the quilt. It's inspired me to quilt mine once I've completed it. Your cat is so cute! Love the pyrex the colours are so bright and summery ! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh! That is the nested bowl set my mother had when I was a kid. I love it. :) and thank goodness it was a quick week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you've been having lots of sewy and thrifty fun this week. I've not been having much fun with a chest infection, but I've been industrious and churned out a quilt top, and about 90% of a couple of small items for my FTLOS partner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really hoping to hit my favorite spots this weekend and find something fabulous! Your husband is such a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha, That would be hilarious! Our favourite "in joke" here is "I could make that" or "we could cover that" I absolutely love those colours!!!! I just made a diary cover for my daughter and it ended up all browns turquoise, purples and blues! It looked stunning! Now I want to try a quilt with those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eek! I love your kittie!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh your cat is one beautiful feline! we have 3 cats all moggies but cute as pie! Love that fabric and the pyrex reminds me of my mum cooking casseroles in her pyrex dishes! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the cat pics. I have a tuxedo cat, too.
    I will definitely be back Friday -- LOVE Poetica (and every other fabric Pat Bravo ever designed, I think).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous quilt - can't wait to see more. Beautiful cat. And ending with vintage pyrex? Icing on the cake. I have that same casserole dish (with the red and orange birds) in my overly large collection. Truly awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must have photoshopped the eyes...or Paul Newman is now a cat! Nice post..loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh lily, you are adorable! does she get along with the pig when he comes over to play? i love that fabric. i will definitely be back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I noticed that the colors of the quilt match lily's coat and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh...if those dishes go missing you know whose house they are at! Lovely finds! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful fabrics! I would make a quilt for my little girl's new room. Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopping over from circle of moms, I'm so happy to have found your beautiful blog. I have a very pretty blue eyed kitty too, I really ought to get her up on my blog, she is after all, part of the family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!