Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Sewing : :

This weekend was really nice. It finally feels like the middle of Winter and with that comes lots of indoor time and projects for all of us. Of course for me that just means even more sewing time! :) Here's a little bit of what my "weekend sewing" looked like...

I finally cut into my Echo, add in there some Half Moon Modern Chevron, too. This will be a quilted pillow, but I can imagine a quilt made up of these blocks and am tempted to keep going!

echo pillow wip

I took some new photos to have and share. The first photos of my Scrappy Quilter Improv block were pretty bad, but I was just too excited to share to wait for good lighting. I snapped a few new pics on Saturday, just before I attached it to my other quilt blocks. I'm very close to having that quilt top completely finished -- I'm very excited!!

improv quilter scraps block -- new photo

I took a new photo of my Quilted Heart pillow, too. I'm working on a tutorial and expect to be sharing that on Wednesday!

Quilted Heart Pillow

Lots of birthday crowns were and are always being made!

Crown Making

A little Pink Castle Fabrics mail came on Saturday! Aren't they pretty? I'm collecting every color of one of my very favorite prints, Lizzy House's Jewels. I LOVE these colors! And on top is a zig zag stripe for my mini quilt binding.

Fabric Mail

On Sunday, just before bedtime and as I was about to begin cleaning the huge mess that was my "weekend sewing" room, Jacob brought my very first Valentine gift of the year.

My First Valentine

I love it!

My First Valentine

And now, a giveaway winner!

Thank You to all of you who entered this past weekends giveaway! From the 1029 entries that came in before 10pm, Mr. Random says our lucky winner is comment # 471, Rhonda D in southeast Missouri!! I hope you enjoy your winnings, I will be in touch shortly!

Wishing you all a lovely new week!

33 comments:

  1. i love the blocks and that pillow. so cute! your improv block is fantastic!

    and the little note from your boy...precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so pretty and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the fabric made a scallop edge on the pillow, cute! Can't wait to see your improv quilt all together, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it all!! i showed the improv scrappy block to my husband last night and he was speechless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love all your projects you worked on, esp that cute as can be self portrait scrappy mini quilt, its just awesome! Great work and so inspirational, thats why I love checking your blog each day, you are great with pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got my Echo on the weekend, and been wondering how to use it best - great inspiration from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Everything looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your echo pillow looks great so far Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a very creative, productive weekend! And how cute is that little love note? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. O my...you've done a lot of meticulous projects! I'm definitely awed :).....you make me want to quilt :) though I most probably would never finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Echo pillow and looking forward to the heart pillow tute. And that improv block is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All that fabric goodness, I feel quite giddy. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! That little love note is so cute, but looks dangerous! Don't step or sit on it!! hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just set him up with a little tool set and "work bench" area in his bedroom. It's noisy, but he's really loving it! :)

      Delete
  14. So cute and fun! I love the little Valentine. It's so precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maureen, you have been busy! I can't wait to see the finished quilt with the improv block. I'm sure it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i wish we lived next door to each other and could sew together all the time! ;) love your weekend sewing. i finished up some fun stuff too but now i can't find my camera! my little ones may or may not have toted it off somewhere... or i probably put it down someplace safe... obviously too safe! makes me crazy! love your heart pillow. so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, love how that cushion top is looking, and very cute valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that block with the girl holding the quilt it is amazing one of the things I hope to one day get too is doing that kind of block.

    http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are just a quilting/stitching genius! everything you touch turns to gold!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have been SO busy! Love the Valentine from Jacob. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Echo pillow block is fabulous and the girl is great.You`ve been very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to see your scraps quilt finished! It's going to really be something special!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow you have been busy. I love the heart pillow.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi- when you are collecting a fabric, as you said, how much do you buy of each color? 1/2 yard, more?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your blocks are so wonderful! The one with the girl looks like she has a speech bubble - a little embroidery maybe??!
    The fabric is totally lush :) I love that jewels print too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful info particularly the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.
    Ricca Chemical Company, 3537-16, Hematoxylin, Gill 3, 500 mL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!