Thursday, September 15, 2011

One 1001 Peeps Placemat : :

I just received this lovely bundle of 1001 Peeps from The Intrepid Thread, and aren't they sweet!? I love the peachy pink, coral colors with the grey and purple tones that make up these fabrics. I thought that they might be perfect for my daughter's birthday party this year.

1001 Peeps

So I pulled from my stash some coordinating solids and thread to begin work, when as usual Lily wasn't having any of it. See here from last week. Lately she has to get in the shot by either laying next to or in this case, standing in front of whatever I'm pointing my camera lens at. She really is becoming quite the ham!

Lily steals the shot

Oh and then I had quite a time with this little placemat project. It looks simple enough I'm sure, but it was the worst sewing experience I have had to date! I began by cutting and planning the piecing for six of these placemats at once. The pieces kept getting stepped on by my children, laid upon by Lily, and therefor wrinkled...and therefor more ironing. I decided at a point to just complete one and call it a night. Which turned into seam-ripping in the morning. Then cutting away ric rac that was running a-muck around the perimeter of this first one. It was a mess! And so not meant to be for this lady who sews because it d-stresses me.

1001 Peeps Placemat

The quilting went smoothly. The pocket turned out nice. I added Haila's name. And I think this one finished placemat will be a special thing for her to have out at lunchtime, now that it's just us these afternoons with her brothers at school.

1001 Peeps Placemat Pocket

She said she likes it and that's good enough for me! This time, I'm going to just quit while I'm ahead! Actually, now that I have all these other pieces cut, I think I'm going to quilt while I'm ahead. hehe

1001 Peeps Placemat

Today Haila, my Mom, and I are headed out the door, a few hours away, for a little girl's day shopping trip and a Dr's check-up for my little girl. Say a little prayer for her. k.  ~ Maureen

p.s. There's a new fabric giveaway (here's a peek) happening here tomorrow, so please do stop back!

12 comments:

  1. I love the stitches you used along the patches. What fun to have different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the patterns, makes for a wonderful and visually interesting placemat.

    I know what you mean about a project going amok. I have forced myself to try to complete a beading project before when it was either too late, I was too tired or I had too many other things on my mind. It seems it always results in having to take things apart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes things don't go the way we planned! The placemat is adorable, though. It was worth your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look awesome despite the process! It's always nice hearing that other people need their seam rippers too. =) Mine is always handy!

    I need to make some placemats soon so this is inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. waouhh c est sublime CE Que Tu réalise merci biessssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them!!!! great choice of fabrics and...BTW...you alway use wonderful fabrics!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!!! I am so happy to get nice comments since in the end I sort of hated it. It was seriously awful. No more place-mats for me for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely Idea, put names on them and give them to the gusets as they leave, spendy maybe. but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out so beautiful! That's my favorite fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so cute!!! Love the color combo - so happy and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!